Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More

Extension Object Basics.doc

Employee
Employee

Extension Object Basics.doc

After getting and seeing many requests for documentation on the basics of creating and working with extension objects, I decided to create some document to help.  The intention of this document is to provide people information on how to get up and running with extension objects with their most common uses and settings. There are several references here to a template QAR extension, which is an extension I created that could be used as a good starting point to copy and paste in creating new extensions. 

Extensions can get WAY more complicated than what is presented here, but I'd say this document covers what is needed to create a basic extension.  If you have any ideas for improvement or things to add, feel free to send me a revised version of the document and I can update.

Labels (1)
Comments
selcukcadir
Contributor II

hi brain,

Can you publish Extension Object youtube video explaining ?

will be very helpful

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Brian,

I hope you would help me on this extension object issue.

I am able to install extension objects on my machine, but when I am trying to add these extension objects to QlikView document (QVW file), I get error message "No such page". I have attached the error screen shot for your reference.

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks,

Dinesh

ExtensionError.png

Not applicable

sometimes it does that as it runs on the IE engine you have. I had the same problem working with D3.

To actually see what it looks like, you will need to put the file on the server then access it using firefox or chrome

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Hi Dinesh,

which OS and QV versions are you using?

0 Likes
yashadam
New Contributor II

Even i'm facing the same problem as mentioned above.

Please help

0 Likes
venkatasreekant
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

Even i'm facing the same problem as mentioned above.

Please help me..........

0 Likes

Hi,

For this upgrade your Qlikview to 11.2 sr6 and IE 11.

Regards

ASHFAQ

0 Likes
Not applicable

Upgrading my IE8 to IE10 resolved my problems

0 Likes
kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

Hi all,

Can we have a OCX component which can upload a file from a sheet.

Assume that we have a button in qlikview named "upload" and when a end user clicks it a "open dialog "

should be displayed for browsing a excel file(for  eg) and it should be saved in a location specified in a text box or a varible having the path.

regards KK

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-01-07 11:55 AM
Updated by: