Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Extracting PGO Data and Analysing License Allocation

dfoster9
Not applicable

Extracting PGO Data and Analysing License Allocation

The QlikView Management Console is a great tool for configuring your QlikView environment, but one thing it is not great at, ironically, is analysing your usage of licenses. In particular analysing your use allocation of document cals is a bit of a pain as you look at each user document individually. This document shows you how to get access to the pgo license allocation data and present it in a way that is clear and concise.

Comments
Not applicable

Hi David

Thanks for the document; It's exactly what I needed.

I have one question: Does this apply to both version QlikView 10 and 11?

Thanks again

Joseph

dfoster9
Not applicable

Hi there.

I have not tried it on 10, but the principles should still apply. With 10 you might need to be more careful with the settings.ini file.

vlad_komarov
Not applicable

David, I am using this approach to extract license info on my system, but I need to upgrade soon. From QV 11.2 SR2 to 11.2 SR10. Do you know if the PGO files format was changed between these QV versions?

datanibbler
Not applicable

Hi,

that would be great as we currently track that manually in Excel and we get errors on a regular basis ... your approach does not include adding any new groups or stuff (which I couldn't do lacking any admin_rights), so I think this is good.

In >Step2< you mentioned that the file_wizard in QlikView will produce 4 tables and a bit of a mess rgd. synthetic keys - have you found out how to resolve that (or is that taken care of by that conversion?)

datanibbler
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am not sure what happened to that app David mentions in the doc. I cannot find it.

The scripting part works fine, but I still have no idea what is the meaning of the fields is which makes building an app a bit difficult.

Can anyone help me there?

vlad_komarov
Not applicable

I am using the app successfully during the last few months.

What kind of issue(s) you are having?

VK

datanibbler
Not applicable

Hi Vladimir,

now it seems to work - almost. I followed a link here to another document, there was an app, I took that and just deleted those sheets and script_blocks regarding data that I do not have.

The only thing that is not working now is a gauge saying "x of y in use", that is using the field #InUseUserCals - that field is seemingly not populated, it says "0 of 6 in use" - but the other chart says that 2 of 8 licenses are allocated - so I don't necessarily need that second one.

I will just work on it to add the team that the holder of a license is assigned to and I guess that will be it.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Well, not quite, but I'm not sure whether this question should not be posted as a general discussion - I want to include some more info into the pivot_table. I think I'll post that in "app development".

vlad_komarov
Not applicable

Please note that "Currently in Use" values are valid only ~15 minutes after the session has ended.

I believe it's just a QV timer for Session Licenses....

So this app is really showing "Currently In Use" licenses.

VK

datanibbler
Not applicable

Hi,

maybe you can tell me, is there any possibility to modify that line in the .ini file so that this xml file is written to another location (not on the default level, but inside some subdirectory)?

The thing is, that level on the server is not mapped to the network_drive - with a lot of luck and diplomacy I managed to get that network drive accessible to me some time ago, but that file is not included.

Now, single files, as IT tells me, cannot be shared or mapped, only directories, and there's no way IT is going to give me access to that entire directory on the server - so I need to have that file written to a subdirectory instead so that it will be in the network_drive that I can access.

I hope that's clear enough. I don't know the technical terms to use here.

Thank you!

datanibbler
Not applicable

Hi,

one more question on this:

Where does QlikViewServer draw the names that it stores in that .pgo.xml file?

Strangely, I have a name there that I have in no other place (with this exact spelling):

- The surname is > BISKIEWIC < acc. to that file

<=> I cannot link that to anything  because our personnel system knows that name only as
       > BISKIEWICZ < - so does the AD, or wherever Outlook draws names from.

That is very strange.

P.S.: It is even stranger - the field >username_short< knows  both versions (the correct one with cz and the wrong one with c) while the field >username_full< knows only the wrong one with c)

P.P.S.: Could it be - I'm just  checking this - that the field has a character_limit? The field
> username_full <, compared to the field > username_short <, includes the DOMAIN, which takes away 9 characters.

Ah, no - I have the > username_short< in the chart - the one where both variations of the name exist. Still, acc. to this chart, both licenses are assigned to the one with a > c < whereas my QMC tells me the licence is associated with the one with a > cz < !?

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-11-2013 03:42 AM
Updated by: