Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

GeoPop World Map Extension.zip

bmz
Valued Contributor

GeoPop World Map Extension.zip

This is a technical brief of the World Map Extension used in the Global Games demo app.

Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

Hi,

trying to use this an dlooks good, only strange thing is that I can not set the pop up value, nor the color. It does not seem to apply it, nor to save the formula/value I give in.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jonathan

bmz
Valued Contributor

What version of Qlikview are you running?

Not applicable

hI Brian,

QV11 SR1

Regards,

Jonathan

bmz
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately this is a bug in SR1.  There are workarounds, but it's easiest to just upgrade to SR2.

Thanks.

Not applicable

Yes!!! That's it. Many thanks for the information;

micahsakata
New Contributor III

the global games map is at the country level.  how granular is the map?  for the united states, can it highlight states?  cities?

bmz
Valued Contributor

The map isn't granular at all.  It's specifically for world map.  There's more mapping stuff on the way though in the next several months.

micahsakata
New Contributor III

Excellent. We’ll hopefully have QlikView implemented by the end of the year. We have a requirement to create a dashboard with employee counts and their locations worldwide. I think at the US, the state level is needed, while everywhere else, the country suffices. For now, if I implement by country, I’m guessing I’ll be able to easily modify when the more granular level is available? Or should I hold off development altogether and implement later? My question is really whether the development will be an addition to current code or if it will be a completely new method of implementation?

I also see that I could use the google maps solution. What’s your opinion on the right way to go?

Thanks in advance. We’re very excited to implement QlikView. Cool stuff.

Not applicable

Great extention - Thanks.

2 points though:

.. Can anyone shed any light on the behavour shown in the attached image?

.. I amended the .js to cast the path ID's toLowerCase() to ensure the measure and path id are the same irrespective of any casing in either.(e.g. My svg had id="bs", but measure = "BS") *HTH someone *

Capture.PNG

EDIT: QV11 SR1, x64

hariharasudan_p
New Contributor III

Brian,

Thanks a lot for wonderful extension.

I have small question. I wish to show name of country in the map as label with popup's. I tried a lot. But not working.

Can you help/throw some lights over that pls ?

Thanks

Hari

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-20-2012 02:14 PM
Updated by:
bmz