Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Getting Started with QlikView - Your First Chart Object

Employee
Employee

Getting Started with QlikView - Your First Chart Object

This is video #3 in the multi-part Getting Started with QlikView series that will help you become more familiar with QlikView. In the previous video (Connect and Query Data)  we loaded multiple tables from a Microsoft SQL Server database into the QlikView associative data model. In this video, we will use QlikView Desktop to create our first chart object that will be used to help us answer questions about our products, order statuses and locations.

For best viewing results, view the video in a higher resolution and full screen.

YouTube.png

Next Video: Getting Started with QlikView 11 - Adjusting Chart Properties

Labels (1)
Comments
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

There is no order_id field in the source document attached to the first video so I can not continue the tutorial. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Conrad

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Conrad,

I will review and correct this and let you know as soon as I am done.

Regards,

Mike

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm new to Qlikview. I don't have order_id as a field in the source document attached. How can I create this new field or do you have a new sample data?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hello Madeleine - I have updated the .xls file here Getting Started with QlikView - Download and Install - it is attached to the first video community document. I realized that most of the video uses the MS SQL data that is also attached which DOES have the order_id colm. I exported the MS SQL data to the .xls file to now have the same data. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

@Conrad - if you are still in the Qlik Community - I apologize for the long delay. Please note that when you post in the comments of a video document - NOT ALL the Qlik Community sees it, only those that create the document (such as me) will be notified - unless it is an actual Qlik Community discussion. Please post in the main forums for future use.

Thanks again

Mike

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you Mike. I was able to continue the training without the new file. I concatenated the 2 fields: order_num and product_num to create an unique order_id in Excel and load again the file.

It seems in your new file order_id = order_num, isn't it?

Thanks,

Madeleine

Employee
Employee

Hi Madeleine - I believe so, I think I added that as an example in an attempt to create redundant data with different names for testing some of our smart data load features. Let us know how else we can help and I hope you are having good experiences with the product.

Mike

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-09-23 09:25 AM
Updated by: