Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

HeatMap using Google Chart API

Not applicable

HeatMap using Google Chart API

This example uses Google Chart APIs to create Geo-spatial heatmap. It doesn't need extension and would not cause extra charge from Google (Chart API is free but Map API is chargeable for commercial usage). It is almost just copying & pasting to use it in your own application.

BTW, This example is based on real World Health Organization(WHO) data, you probably can find some facts about alcohol consumption that you didn't know before. Enjoy it.

34 Sep. 16 14.23.jpg

34 Sep. 16 14.25.jpg

Tags (4)
Attachments
Comments

Yang

Wow !!!     That's amazing.

I tried out the Google Map API, which was groovy but way over the top for our needs and with it being chargeable for commercial usage I could not justify value for money for it.

This though will be great for our needs.

Best Regards,  Bill

0 Likes
Not applicable

No worries Bill. Happy to see someone can put this into real usage. BTW, this approach does have an obvious defect: map is not interactive.

0 Likes
Not applicable

How do you make the file RegionCountryISO.qvd? Do you mind to share the instruction or any documentation?

0 Likes
Not applicable

The country ISO information is can found easily on internet. Wikipedia is one of those places. I remember i also did some manual changes of the data and then use QV to generate reusable QVD file. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. I have been trying to copy your method for my exercise but can't figure out how the color of the region work. Please can you advice? I have it posted in the following:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/102541

0 Likes
Not applicable

That is a very good example. I have been trying to recreate a similar example with no luck.

I can not figure how to map the correct numbers to each country. Any ideas as to why the countries mapping do not match? I have posted my example here:

Google api HeatMap

Thanks In advance.

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Great stuff. Of course, now that I have learned about it, Google (barring a miracle) will shut down the API in six months. Figures >.<

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-09-16 12:58 AM
Updated by: