Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Highlighting a row in a Pivot Table

veidlburkhard
Not applicable

Highlighting a row in a Pivot Table

Customer wanted to see the whole Pivottable when selecting a salesperson. This was easy to do with help of set analyses. Also the salesperson selected should be highlighted (the whole row). I managed this with the formatting function in the dimension and all the expression. See the result below:

RowHighlighted1.jpg

This looks nice, when Lana is selected and also with other salespersons. The problem, which I could not solve and ask for help now, is when Jack is selected. See the picture below. Not only the row is highlighted in bold, but also all the column headers are in bold now!?!

RowHighlighted2.jpg

As I'm just a beginner with qlikview I tried several hours to find a solution - but seems I'm blocked now. I have no idea.

Would be nice if somebody out there could help me.

Regards

Burkhard

Tags (1)
Comments
Not applicable

Hi Burkhard,

This is happening because Jack is the first record in your pivot table. If you sort your salesman in a different order, on selecting the salesman name which is appearing as the first record in pivot table, the column headers would also turn bold.

I guess this is a bug in QV

-Abhinava

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎04-22-2013 03:00 PM
Updated by: