Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

How To Find QVD Dependencies

dapostolopoylos
Contributor III

How To Find QVD Dependencies

The QvdDependancies.qvw is an application that finds all the dependencies of every qvd file on the machine's local drives, defining which qvw file is the creator of the qvd and which are the qvw files that use this qvd in a LOAD statement.

If you would like to use it you should enable macros as it has some vbscript code running in order to define the names of the local drives and store them in a variable.

Special credit to gwassenaar‌ whose code from this discussion helped me a lot! !

Update 5/8/2016: Added functionality not to perform a full system scan if not necessary (ver 1.2)

Tags (3)
Attachments
Comments
v_petrenko
New Contributor III

Hi Dimitrios,

what if the user doesn't want to scan ALL the local drive?

I've got tons of QV artefacts from previous projects and have no need to view them alltogether.

It would me much better if the user was able to specify the exact folder to scan into.

Have a look at my similar app, where the option of selecting folder is pre-built: Lineage / Dependency Analyzer for QlikView

dapostolopoylos
Contributor III

This functionality is one of the to-dos for the next version of the app...Smiley Happy

In my case scanning all the local drives was a necessity because the file system of the development server was truly a mess and no one knew which qvd was dependent where...

Running the app on my development server and scanning a total of 1TB of local drive space the app execution time was under 2 minutew...

Not applicable

Thanks Dimitrios! Very usefull application!

santiago_respane
Valued Contributor

Hi Dimitrios,

thanks for this great app!! i agree with Vasily here but if it will be included in your next release i'll be waiting!

Thanks a ton!

dapostolopoylos
Contributor III

I will do my best to prepare the next release between the next few days...

Thank you and everyone else commenting on my app, it means alot to me!

juleshartley
Valued Contributor

It would be great if you could include some guidelines on which variables to change etc...

Thanks! Very helpful

dapostolopoylos
Contributor III

What do you want to change, can you be a little more specific?

I am currently working on a new version that will give the user the

opportunity to scan only the folders that he wants as well with the current

functionality of the full scan...

Than you for your comment!

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Hartley Julian <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

dapostolopoylos
Contributor III

Good evening to everyone.

I have added the functionality not to perform a full system scan if not necessary (ver 1.2).

I hope that you will find the app useful.

Any comment will be appreciated a lot!!!

selcukcadir
Contributor

Excellent! Thanks a lot!

beck_bakytbek
Valued Contributor III

thanks for sharing

very helpful

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-28-2016 08:22 AM