Skip to main content
Announcements
Document boards are being consolidated, this board no longer allows NEW documents READ MORE

How to Create a Profit and Loss Statement in QlikView

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennell_McIntire
Employee
Employee

How to Create a Profit and Loss Statement in QlikView

Last Update:

Aug 10, 2012 6:56:45 AM

Updated By:

Jennell_McIntire

Created date:

Aug 10, 2012 6:56:45 AM

Attachments

Have you ever created a P&L statement in QlikView?  Well, this technical brief outlines how to create a P&L statement in QlikView 11 using IntervalMatch.

Also check out this blog post.

Thanks,

Jennell

Labels (1)
Comments
Not applicable

Hi Femi

I'm afraid but I can't just upload the QV here. For confidentiality reasons that is not possible. And unfortunately the P&L is embedded in quite a big file with multiple tables/imports. So separating it and ensuring all the sensitive data is gone, while keeping it useful is too difficult.

I'm convinced though, that if you follow my example above adding the %-columns shouldn't be too difficult.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks, appreciate all the same.

Femi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jennell,

I have a query in P&L statement.

I implemented your example and

I want to know how to deduct some Reporting code amount for some calculations .

Reporting code to be deducted which are not in sequential order.

Please any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Neetha

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for your email.

I ll be attending to it shortly

Regards

Femi

0 Likes
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Good document. Thank you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for your email.

I ll be attending to it shortly

Regards

Femi

0 Likes
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Hi Jennell

Does all accounting software provide same data format on Balace Sheet Table ?

I notice that you are the most suitable person to ask the above questions , because you have started make use of QV for P&L way back few year ago.

Now i have try to create Create for BS , i like to know how you manage it , since P&L data and BS data is a lot of different. In case you have some example kindly share with me pls.

Paul

0 Likes
asknyldz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear Jennel,

I want to some KPI’s elements dynamically and calculate automatically in my chart. I don’t want to use these elements in Excel Data. Some KPI’s are;

Net Operating Income = (Revenue  - Operating Expenses)

NOI Margin % = (Net Operating Income / Revenue)

Revenue Per Head = (Revenue  / Headcount)

How can i add these KPI's in my chart.

You can find below my dashboard,

KPI.jpg

Thank you

jmc

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woooh! Thanks Viktoria, that trick works!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Matthias - I am trying to get your solution to work for me, but I am having trouble.  When the calculation below is in my straight table, it returns a null value.  When the calculation is in a text box by itself it calculates correctly.  I tried adding another column so that it would divide each account by Total Sales, but it only worked for the Total Sales line.

Calculation:

if([Exec P&L Heading] <> null(),

if([Exec P&L Level] = 's','',

if([Exec P&L Percent]='p',

num(

sum({$<Month={$(vMaxYTDMonth)},[Account Description]={'Gross Profit'}>} [Actual])

/

sum({$<Month={$(vMaxYTDMonth)},[Exec P&L Heading]={'Total Sales'}>} [Actual])

,'#,##0.0%')

if([PL Sign]=1,

num((sum({< [Year]={$(vYTDYear)}, Month={$(vMaxYTDMonth)} >} [Actual])*-1)/1000,'#,##0'),

num(sum({< [Year]={$(vYTDYear)}, Month={$(vMaxYTDMonth)} >} [Actual])/1000,'#,##0')

)  )  ) )

As I said above, the  " if([Exec P&L Percent]='p', " portion of the formula works as expected in a text box, but not in my straight table.

What am I doing incorrectly?  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2012-08-10 09:56 AM
Updated by: