Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

How to integrate SAP-BW Process Chains with Publisher

yfe
Contributor III

How to integrate SAP-BW Process Chains with Publisher

I have SAP-BW as data-warehouse and QV for reporting.

After a couple of months spending too much time on trying to manage all the data loads in one place I came up with a full integration solution for data loads between BW and Publisher.

The purpose of this article is to explain how to create a reliable synchronous interface between SAP-BW and Publisher by fully integrating Process Chains with Publisher Tasks using RFC connectivity and EDX calls. By doing so, BI teams can harness the power and stability of the BW Process Chains and utilize it with the QlikView Publisher.

This paper addresses SAP-BW and QlikView developers/administrators and requires basic understanding of both.

Comments
marinasbc
New Contributor III

Hi Yaniv,

Do you know if this also works for SAP-BW 7.01 SP7?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Marina

Not applicable

Thanks for the document Yanniv. However I face some issue in Step 4 where I am not able find the Parameters part of the path below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\QVrfcexec\Parameters

I am able to navigate to QVrfcexec but not able to see Parameter tree under that.

Would you be able to help

yfe
Contributor III

Hi Purvisha

Was the QVrfcexec service successfully created?

Also, please make sure you have admin rights on the server

Cheers

Yaniv

Not applicable

Hi Yaniv,

Service is successfully created. However it is in stopped state and when I try to start it wouldnt.

I do have admin rights to the server.

sara_mauerhofer
Visitor

Hi Yaniv,

We successfully created a synchronous data load process between SAP-BW and QlikView on the basis of your how-to paper. Thanks for that. It worked very well.

At the moment the process chain continues whenever the qlik task is started successfully. Now we would like to have the alert in SAP-BW only if also the qlik task was completed successfully. Therefore the process chain should wait until the qlik task has finished.

Would you be able to help?

Thanks for your feedback!

Sara

yfe
Contributor III

Hi Sara

There should be a QMSEDX parameter: nowait , perhaps you can check whether it controls whether the EDX task waits until the full completion of the whole chain.

Cheers

Yaniv

sara_mauerhofer
Visitor

Hi Yaniv

Thank you very much for your feedback. Indeed, we found a parameter: -timeout, which helps to ensure that the command waits until the task has finished. But when the task fails, the responds to SAP BW is still "success". Do you know how to ensure that the tasks status is send back the whole process?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes,

Sara

yfe
Contributor III

Hi Sara

You'll somehow need to send a positive/negative status from Qlik back to BW - which would require a more complex solution. Maybe try to setup a process chain task in BW that will monitor a resource in Qlik which will be updated by the last Publisher Task

Yaniv

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎11-18-2013 11:38 AM
Updated by:
yfe