Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

InQlik Expression Editor in QlikView Deployment Framework environment

vadimtsushko
Contributor III

InQlik Expression Editor in QlikView Deployment Framework environment

We've switched to QlikView Deployment Framework recently so adjusting our current toolset to new environment was a great opportunity to rethink some approaches and implement some properties in alternative way. In this article I'd like to present some background design considerations and current state of one of these tools - Expression Editor.

You can download materials used in this article here: InqlikExpressionEditorDemoProject.zip

Labels (2)
Comments
Employee
Employee

Cool Vadim, have read trough the documentation and like the ide.

This is the framework idea that everyone can contribute based on a common framework

Will try the examples as soon as I have some free time.

Nice work

vadimtsushko
Contributor III

Take a look

I'll appreciate comments, would the demo work for you

vadimtsushko
Contributor III

I've updated article with info about new supported output format. More info: InQlik Expression Editor, part two • inqlik.gitgub.io

peschu123
Contributor III

Hi Vadim,

great work with sublime. This weekend, sitting in front of my linux devbox and sublime and I was wondered if there is syntax highlighting for qv load script in sublime... And suprisingly I found your github repo. So I will take a deeper look at it next days.

Best Regards,

Peter

vadimtsushko
Contributor III

Hi Peter.

Take a look

Interesting, you are developing qlikview ETL apps on the Linux? Are you using something like Wine for that?

peschu123
Contributor III

No, I don't develop QV Apps on linux.

I just did a bit web development and I use in general sublime at my linux machines. So this was just some context where my idea came from. I think it would be a real pain to run qv in wine, but the last time I used wine is 5 years ago... Once, I tried to make qv portable. Which worked pretty well, but there were some problems updating the license(s) (e.g. server leased licenses). Which leaded to some unhandled exceptions. With these experiences, I would prefer to use a VM, its easier to keep backups and take it with you if needed.

The other thing in my mind was related to the future development of QV. Imho, it moves into a direction which will be more independent of OS/Devices, to be accessable and available everywhere.

Not applicable

Cool.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎03-04-2014 12:06 PM
Updated by: