Once the QVD is created by loading all the excel files there could be the possibility of two requirements
1) Load only newly arrived excel file in the folder instead of loading all the excel files again.
2) Load only updated excel files in the folder instead of loading all the excel files again.
If the number of excel files are less and the amount of data is also less then we can directly load all the excel file for each reload to create the QVD but if the condition is opposite then we can use the above approach
Below is the simple algorithm to load new or updated excel file
1) First create the QVD from all the excel files available in the folder ( for eg A.qvd)
2) Check if there is new excel file available when performed next reload.
3) If new file is not available then print "New file not available"
4) If new excel file is available then load only the new excel file and append with the A.qvd which was created in step 1 (New excel+ A.qvd)
5) Store the data from step 4 into the A.qvd
6) Check if any file is updated or not. If file is updated then load only updated file from excel & load the remaining data from A.qvd which was created in step 5.
7) Store the data from step 6 into the A.qvd
8) If file is not updated then print "No updated file available".
Note- First we will check for new excel file and then we will be going to check the updated files.
Please find the attached QVW file which demonstrates the above algorithm. You can test the script with the excel files attached in the post mentioned above.