Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

ManageMoveSizeCopyClone.zip

Not applicable

ManageMoveSizeCopyClone.zip

This is a free and open source utility for QlikView documents that I recognized the need for and implemented myself. It allows a QlikView developer to lock-down an entire document for distribution to users so that none of the UI components can be moved, resized, copied or cloned. It also allows the developer to completely unlock the document so that it can again be modified by the developer.

It contains a script which allows you to enable or disable Move/Size and Copy/Clone across all components in multiple documents. It uses a standard Windows file selection dialog to allow you to select the documents. Instructions are in the Readme.txt file inside the ZIP file.

The newest version replaces the PowerShell-based file selector with an executable file so that the PowerShell setup is not necessary.

I'm managing versioning of these files at SourceForge: ManageMoveSizeCopyClone

Tags (5)
Attachments
Comments
heap_qlik
Contributor

Bill,

That a great resource. I'm very new with this. Can you help to guide me how to use it step by step?

-H

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes, inside the ZIP file you’ll find a Readme.txt that does just that. Look at the USAGE section. Basically you just double click either of the .bat files and it allows you to select the QVW files you want to modify.

0 Likes
heap_qlik
Contributor

Thanks Bill. Let me try

-H

0 Likes
Not applicable

My goal is for it to be as easy as possible to use. So if you have trouble, let me know.

0 Likes
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I accomplish the same goal with Sheet Properties, Uncheck Move/Size and Copy/Clone and check "Apply to all sheets". I realize this utility does it at the object level, but is the end result any different?

0 Likes
luciancotea
Valued Contributor

If you need to lock-down a document or change any common property of all the objects in a document (and much more), you can use QV Plus.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Looks like you are correct. You can do it with Sheet Properties and "Apply to all sheets". I was not aware of that. But my program still has the advantage that it allows you to select multiple files all at once in the file selection dialog and change them all in one step.

0 Likes
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Your script can also be used a part of a promotion script which is an advantage. Thanks for the contribution.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes good point. Using it as part of a "code" promotion process was partly my intent. It can be run by a non-developer, after the developer is finished working on the document or included as part of an automated promotion script. The code is free so you could take it and modify it to work in your own code/document promotion script.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks Lucian. QV Plus looks like a product that would be very helpful for developers. I'll have to try it out.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-11-10 08:05 PM
Updated by: