Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Documents

QlikView documentation and resources.

Announcements
Welcome to our newly redesigned Qlik Community! Read our blog to learn about all the new updates: READ BLOG and REPORTED ISSUES

Marquee/Ticker Extension.

Master II
Master II

Marquee/Ticker Extension.

Hi, Attaching a qlikview extension for scrolling text. Normal script for scrolling text wont work on Ajax client. =mid(ScrollText & ' ' & ScrollText, 1+mod(round((now(1)-now(0))*86400), Len(ScrollText)), Len(ScrollText)) where scrolltext is variable. Find the attached qlikview extension for scrolling text. Hope it will be useful. Regards. Sivasankar.k

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments
Champion
Champion

This is tested in AJAX Client it is not working

0 Likes
Not applicable

Do you know how you would change the font color, size, or actual font? Whenever I do this, I can not adjust the actual script.

0 Likes
Not applicable

hi

can you tell me how to increase the speed of the scrolling of the text

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Nishit,

The limitation of the now() function is that it refreshes every second.  The only thing you can do to speed up the marquee is to have it jump multiple characters every second.  I've done it by slightly modifying the formula to look like this:

=mid(ScrollText & ' ' & ScrollText, 1+mod(round((now(1)-now(0))*86400*3), Len(ScrollText)), Len(ScrollText))

with the *3 being your additional stepping component.  Increase that number to jump additional characters.  If you want to slow the ticker down change the second * to / and increase your number accordingly to how many seconds you wish to wait before moving to the next character.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-05-28 01:45 AM
Updated by: