Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

Multi value Gauge Charts

sudeepkm
Valued Contributor III

Multi value Gauge Charts

Introduction:

In QlikView Gauge charts are dimension less however we can leverage multiple Gauge chart with transparent mode to create a multivalued Gauge chart that will have multiple needles indicating the values of a dimension field.

MultivalueGauge.png

Assume that in my data set a field called Region has four value such as APAC, EMEA, NAMR, LAMR. I can create 4 Gauge for each of the region values. Keeping one Gauge with segments and colors  intact and changing other Gauge charts to be transparent, I can give a look of the multiple needles in a single Gauge chart.

I got this idea of having multiple needles in the Gauge chart from IBM Cognos. Cognos provides enhanced Gauge allowing a dimension in it which will show multiple needles to indicate multiple values of the dimension Field.

IBM Cognos Business Intelligence

Limitations:

The limitation with this chart is that it is not direct-interactive in nature. Dimension field with too many values may not be suitable as the Gauge may look busy. It is not dynamic. That means if you get another value added to the field then you may have to create another Gauge chart for the new value.

Enhancement:

However for the last point mentioned above, I've found a solution which is dynamic to some extent. We can create few more Gauge chart with layout condition to show only when there is a new value added.

As an example. Assume that I've a field called Region and which has four values. Today onwards I find a new value in it. Then in that case I can create another Gauge chart in advance during development so that when this new value comes then I've a chart to capture the value and display.

I've created a sample QVW and provided the sample xls file here.

As I mentioned it is dynamic to some extent so you can test it by adding a new Region value such as ('CAMR') in the xls file by replacing 'LAMR' or some other value. You will see that another needle now appears to indicate the newly added Region value 'CMAR'.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeep

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

Hi Sudeep,

This one is very intersting.I am the beginer of Qlikview.

I tried the same but I am not getting multiple needles.

It's showing only one needle. I have created one Region chart(List Box).I think there is no connection b/w List box and Gauge Chart.Could you plz tell me how to achieve that.

Thanks & Regards,

Sonali

sudeepkm
Valued Contributor III

Hi Sonali,

Are you able to open the QVW file attached? In the QVW, I've two sheets the first sheet shows the four different gauge chart per region and the second sheet contains the final chart.

The idea is to create multiple gauge chart with transparency mode (keep one of the chart non transparent) per your field values.

Then bring all the charts together and place them at the same X position and Y position on the sheet.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeep

Not applicable

Hi Sudeep,

Ya I opened that QVW.There are 2 tabs.But in the 2nd tab I didn't find any script.

This is the script what I found from 1st tab. 

PRODSALES:

LOAD City,
SubField(City,' (',1) as Citycut,
Country,
Date,
ID,
Price,
Region,
channel,
Year
FROM
[Productsales2.xls]
(
biff, embedded labels, table is [Sheet1$]);

newtab:
load Year as FiltXnew Resident PRODSALES;

reg:
load Distinct Region as regnew Resident PRODSALES Order by Region asc;

sudeepkm
Valued Contributor III

Please look at the Sheets. There you can see the Charts created.

Not applicable

Ya in ur attached QVW there are 4 different Gauge charts and one final chart.

But I'm gettin only one Gauge chart.

Could u plz tell me how to get 4 different gauge charts?

Thanks

sudeepkm
Valued Contributor III

You have to create 4 Gauge charts or more as per your requirement.

You can see the expression:

=Count({<Region={"$(=FieldValue('regnew',1))"}>} ID)

This will assign the value of Region to the first value of the field regnew. This will be in one chart.

Similarly you need to create multiple charts.

Not applicable

Thanks.....It worked

vishalwaghole
Valued Contributor II

Hi Sudeep,

It's gr8 work but if i want display pop up value on mouse over rather than NAMR, then how we can achieve it?

-- Thanks and Regards,

Vishal Waghole

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎02-20-2014 05:50 AM
Updated by: