Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Pivot Table Calendar - Displaying employee and national holidays

Not applicable

Pivot Table Calendar - Displaying employee and national holidays

Hi all,

I recently had the necessity to create a visual calendar on qlikview to see at a glance the employees on holidays.

I did not find much on the web, so I just wanted to share this job (not difficult but a bit tricky).

These are the main features:

- Based on a pivot table, a calendar displays the week days with the day number and the names of the employees on holidays

- Since it is just a table, you can filter it by any dimension and display for instance just the employees of Group A

- Saturdays and Sundays have a darker background

- National holidays (specified in the script) are highlighted in red

- The background changes from greenish to reddish depending on how many employees are on holidays

Any advice/suggestion to improve it is very welcome!

Regards

-Carlos

Tags (1)
Attachments
Comments
MVP
MVP

Great work done !

Can you please post documentation showing step by step process how to do this?

0 Likes
jjordaan
Valued Contributor

Thank you for this example app

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Carlos Borau,

Nice to see this example .

For the same thing i struggle with expression if u go to the below page in community . u may get clear idea about my problem

Handling NULL Values | QlikCommunity

Possible please Guide me your way

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Sundaramoorthi, I replied something on the other thread.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Manish, I'm not sure whether you refer to the script or to the table chart. In any case I added a few comments on the script (you can find the file above).

The table has no mistery, you can explore dimensions and expressions in the chart properties. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubt.

Anyway, I will try to upload a step by step guide in the near future

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Carlos,

I am using a personal edition of Qlikview and I cannot open any qvw file that has been created by some one else. so, can you please upload a step by step document?

Thanks,

Ramya Kingston

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Ramya,

I'm working on a step by step wide, but it will take some time since I'm pretty busy currently. Nevertheless this will help you:

I pasted the script in a txt file (check Holiday_Raw_Script.txt above) so you can see the code (just copy-paste in your version and it should work).

Once you have the data loaded, you just have to create a Pivot table with the following basic features:

dimensions.JPG.jpg

And two expressions ->

Expression1:

expression1.JPG.jpg

Expression2: expression2.JPG.jpg

The rest is just a matter of "presentation" playing with the blackground color conditions

Hope it helps

-Carlos

0 Likes
j_cabrera
Contributor II

HELLO I'M TRYING TO DO SOMETHING LIKE ME BUT NO SALE, SEND ME WANT THEM ACCORDING TO THE DATE APPLICABLE YOUR VISIT, HOPE THEY CAN HELP ME

Calendario de Actividades

THANKS

0 Likes
Not applicable

Nice Post.

0 Likes
chrisg
Contributor II

Many thx - usefull

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #: