Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Power Tools 1.0

tle
Contributor

Power Tools 1.0

For the absolute latest version, please see Power Tools for QlikView - One-stop-shop

Power Tools from QlikTech.  This is currently a set of nine tools to help manage your QlikView deployments:

• QlikView Server Agent – 1.1
  • QMS API Client – 1.0
  • QvsDetector – 0.9
  • Qv User Manager – 1.0 (currently does not work with V11)
  • Reload Schedule Migration – 1.0.4321
  • Server Object Handler – 1.0
  • Server Object Handler Batch – 1.0
  • Shared File Viewer – 0.7
  • XMLDbViewer – 1.0.4321

Here is the Readme document for more information.

Labels (1)
Comments
bgarland
Contributor III

Do you have a changelog to amke it easier to see what has changed?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

We have not change log for 1.0, since that is the first public release. 1.1 will contain a change log though.

0 Likes
philbishop
Contributor

I was hoping the XmlDbViewer would allow for Find/Replace on a QVPR. I can see Find, but cannot figure out how to perform a blanket Replace. Specifically, we are trying to replace machine names throughout the XML database. Do you know if there is a way to do this without editing each occurance individually?

Thanks!

Phil

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

There are no such functionality today, no. We'll take it into consideration for 1.1 of Power Tools.

Meanwhile, I suggest using some kind of competent text editor to do the equivalent on the raw XML files; like Notepad++ for example.

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

When version 1.1 will be released ?

0 Likes
hugo_andrade
Contributor II

Question about the SharedFileViewer: how can I automate the process of reading the bookmarks from the Shared file and exporting them as a bookmark xml?

Thank you

0 Likes
hugo_andrade
Contributor II

Hi Stefan. My name is Daniel (and yes, I'm using my colleague's login while mine's getting approved).

I was wandering if it would be possible to provide us with the source code of the Power Tools, or maybe an API so we can use it from a Macro.

We have this scenario where we want to reload the document using (or, re-using) the variables from a slider.

All sorts of inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Dan

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Daniel & Hugo; I just now responded to your email about this.

For any other audience here; we have been implementing command-line support to batch export data from .shared files, and would appreciate help testing it on the field.

0 Likes
danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Stefan, I'm always willing to try new stuff.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Daniel R; Send me an email.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎03-27-2019 11:54 AM
Updated by:

Contributors