Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView

Employee
Employee

PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView

This is Power Tools 1.1 for QlikView.

Download here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8hac72aljgqlr7d/AAASkzbM2H1OoVcLE_wa0kWGa?dl=0

For the absolute latest version, please see Power Tools for QlikView - One-stop-shop

It is currently a set of 12 tools to help manage your QlikView deployments.

• QlikView Server Agent *updated* - 1.4.1
  • QlikView Server Super Agent *new* - 1.6
  • QMS API Client - 1.0
  • Qvs Detector - 0.9
  • Qv User Manager *updated* - 1.0.1
  • Reload Schedule Migration - 1.0.4321
  • Server Object Handler *updated* - 1.2
  • Server Object Handler Batch - 1.0
  • Shared File Viewer *updated* - 1.2
  • Qv Server Object Connector *new* - 1.2
  • XML Db Viewer - 1.0.4321

This is the Release notes.

Here is the Readme Document.

Labels (1)
Comments
Partner
Partner

Hi,

I noticed that the QVServerObjectConnector does not return the names of the bookmarks. Is there some way that I programmatically could get the names corresponding to a bookmark id?

Thanks in advance,

-Christian

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Stefan

Can you post the documentation for the "Server Object Handler Batch". I would like to know how to use this utility (with a view to scheduled deleting of inputfield values for all users). Also, I tried to test the Server Object Handler but when I enter my local V11 server name and click on Browse I get an error "Authentication Failed". Does the server name need to be entered in any specific format?

------------------------------------

An update to this post: I resolved the connection issue. It looks like it was because I was logged onto my PC with a domain account, but was disconnected from the domain. Once connected to the VPN it worked fine. BUT, I see from the Server Object Handler that it does not list inputfield values as an object that can be deleted. Does the batch version also not allow you to delete inputfield values?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Has anyone successfully gotten the qlikview server super agent email notifications working on an amazon machine instance (or any non domain test server) using a local user account and windows live mail as the default mail client with a gmail account to send notifications?

/Karl

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Christian; Not with that tool, no. The legacy API it's built on does not support it. We are looking at upgrading that tool to use the QMS API instead, to get such functionality. It's on the list, so to say.

Edit: Sorry, I misread the question! The proper answer is; not yet. We have support in the backend for it, but it's not implemented yet. Again; it's on the list!

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Christian; I just want to clarify; you want the bookmark names to be in the data model that comes into QlikView when using the QvServerObjectConnector in QlikView, correct? At least that's how I interpreted the feature request I wrote down on this.

In a second note; you can get bookmark information from the QMS API today, at least in v11.

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Is it possible to use PowerTools to change the references to the machine name on .xlm files?

I'd like to use it for disaster and recovery, tests and migrations

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Erich; We will update the XmlDbViewer with a "Find & replace" search function, so you can do this at the QVPR database.

In other needs, I would suggest Notepad+ for operations like that.

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Stefan; Yes, you understood my request correctly, the bookmark name should be included in the data model when using QVServerObjectConnector. On the other hand, now that I've played around with the power tools and shared bookmarks, I have a much more advanced request

I tired the QvSharedFileViewer with its batch export of bookmarks (via command line) and it does return a lot more information about the bookmarks (and i can trigger the batch export with an "execute" command in the reload script). In my solution I rely heavily on the ability to store input filed values inside the shared bookmarks and I noticed that the exported xml does contain the values in a neat list. One problem though: It only contains the values, not the keys (i.e. the key connecting the value to the correct row in the data).

My question/request: Would it be technically possible to add the input field key to the bookmark export of QvSharedFileViewer? If it is, do you have any plans on adding this feature?

Thanks in advance,

-Christian

0 Likes
bgarland
Contributor III

I can't get the QVW associated with qv-user-manager to load without error. None of the functions associated with the LastUsed date field in cal.csv are working and the vMinDate & vMaxDate are not getting set.

0 Likes
bgarland
Contributor III

Got it. Just had to change date/time formats to match my .csv file formats.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎2019-03-27 11:51 AM
Updated by:

Contributors