Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView

Employee
Employee

PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView

This is Power Tools 1.1 for QlikView.

Download here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8hac72aljgqlr7d/AAASkzbM2H1OoVcLE_wa0kWGa?dl=0

For the absolute latest version, please see Power Tools for QlikView - One-stop-shop

It is currently a set of 12 tools to help manage your QlikView deployments.

• QlikView Server Agent *updated* - 1.4.1
  • QlikView Server Super Agent *new* - 1.6
  • QMS API Client - 1.0
  • Qvs Detector - 0.9
  • Qv User Manager *updated* - 1.0.1
  • Reload Schedule Migration - 1.0.4321
  • Server Object Handler *updated* - 1.2
  • Server Object Handler Batch - 1.0
  • Shared File Viewer *updated* - 1.2
  • Qv Server Object Connector *new* - 1.2
  • XML Db Viewer - 1.0.4321

This is the Release notes.

Here is the Readme Document.

Labels (1)
Comments
Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

I am using the ServerObjectHandler to migrate an app and all user objects from server to server, and am finding the ObjectContent, DocumentContent and MetaData tags for each object cannot be forced to change ownership:

http://community.qlik.com/message/231285#231285

Can you suggest a way to change the ownership of these types of .shared content so i am able to migrate user created charts and their position in the user environment.

This would help solve a massive problem for us!

Many thanks

Tom

0 Likes
Not applicable

I installed the Server Super Agent on the administrator account in the publisher server.  The application will email me if i start it up and one of the services is down or disconnected, but doesn't seem to email me if the application is activly running and a service goes down.

The application was monitoring the production server, and it was recorded as down in the logs but no email was sent.  Is there a certain threshold, or number of down events that need to occur before an email is sent?  Is there some other problem?

Thanks, Aaron

0 Likes
marco_81
New Contributor III

i love the QV User Manager ! 

But maybe it will be possible to make an option in the cfg file, to change the default 30days when the CALs will removed ?! - that would be create , because 30 Days is to much for us.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable

When running qv-user-manager (v1.01) on Windows 2008 R2 (x64) I am getting the following error. Google search seems to indicate that it is an issue with the the program not being compiled for 64 bit. Error doesn't appear in v1.00.

APPCRASH.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

So... any help?  I got this error in  qv-user-manager:

[The binding at system.serviceModel/bindings/basicHttpBinding does not have a con

figured binding named 'BasicHttpBinding_IQMSBackend'. This is an invalid value f

or bindingConfiguration. (C:\Users\user\qv_ptools2\Qv User Manager

11\qv-user-manager.exe.Config line 35)]

Line 35 qv-user-manager.exe.config:

<behaviorExtensions>

<add name="serviceKeyBehavior" type="qv_user_manager.ServiceKeyBehaviorExtensionElement, qv-user-manager, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"/>

</behaviorExtensions>

</extensions>

<behaviors>

<endpointBehaviors>

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Hi Stefan,

Is there any where in the User Manager that I can see how many CAL have been Allocated to a document but not yet assigned to a user.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

In the QvUserManager, I really don't know. I would guess no, though. The only way is to try it, but I haven't had time.

I can be retrieved via the APIs though; the data should be fully visible in the DocumentMetaData.DocumentMetaDataLicensing object. You can get that from the GetDocumentMetaData method:

Method signature:

DocumentMetaData GetDocumentMetaData (

DocumentNode userDocument,

DocumentMetaDataScope scope

)

The userDocument parameter is the user document you are targeting, and the scope is in this case the value "Licensing" in the enumerator DocumentMetaDataScope (DocumentMetaDataScope.Licensing.

That method will return a DocumentMetaData object, that has the following members (given the Licensing scope is selected);

DocumentMetaData.Licensing.AllowDynamicCALAssignment

DocumentMetaData.Licensing.AssignedCALs

DocumentMetaData.Licensing.CALsAllocated

DocumentMetaData.Licensing.CALsEmbedded

That should in terms be sufficient to extract the data you want.

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Thanks. I will give it a go.

Regards

John Houston

Tel: +27 (0)861 754589 (qlikvw)

or: +27 (0)878205533

Fax: +27 (0)21 5511577

QlikView South Africa

Expert Services Support

P O Box 310

Rondebosch, 7100

www.qlikview.co.za<http://www.qlikview.co.za/>

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello,

When running call-qv-user-manager.bat I have the following message error :

error.JPG

By reading the forum I noticed that Power tool use .NET 4

Therefore I checked the installed program but as you see below .NET 4 is installed ?!?

Installed prog.JPG

Could you please help me on this topic ?

Many thanks in advance

REgards,

Gilles

0 Likes
Not applicable

install the 3.5 version as well

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎2019-03-27 11:51 AM