Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
Qlik Analytics Tour 2020 Online. Begins August 10th. Register Today

PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView

Employee
Employee

PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView

This is Power Tools 1.1 for QlikView.

Download here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8hac72aljgqlr7d/AAASkzbM2H1OoVcLE_wa0kWGa?dl=0

For the absolute latest version, please see Power Tools for QlikView - One-stop-shop

It is currently a set of 12 tools to help manage your QlikView deployments.

• QlikView Server Agent *updated* - 1.4.1
  • QlikView Server Super Agent *new* - 1.6
  • QMS API Client - 1.0
  • Qvs Detector - 0.9
  • Qv User Manager *updated* - 1.0.1
  • Reload Schedule Migration - 1.0.4321
  • Server Object Handler *updated* - 1.2
  • Server Object Handler Batch - 1.0
  • Shared File Viewer *updated* - 1.2
  • Qv Server Object Connector *new* - 1.2
  • XML Db Viewer - 1.0.4321

This is the Release notes.

Here is the Readme Document.

Labels (1)
Comments
Employee
Employee

The connector currently only extract expressions where they are found. Extracting dimensions is the next step, but it is currently not in. We will look at it for the next release, which we are working on as we speak. Since Power Tools 1.2 could not initially release in a timely fashion for a number of reasons, we hope that we can get it out soon for you to enjoy.

Employee
Employee

For anyone interested, the following changes have been implemented in the 1.4 version of the Qv Server Object Connector, and is currently being tested:

* Fixed glitch in ObjectShared and ObjectHidden values, they now show correct.

* Added field BookmarkFieldBookmarkName – this gives you the bookmark name.

* Added table ObjectAccessList – contains the users in the access list for any given object (if there are any). Mostly interesting for Annotation objects.

* Fixed bug where files named “File.qvw - Copy.shared” was not picked up by the connector. Connector now looks for *.shared, and not *.qvw.shared.

* Known issue: ObjectTemporary does not signal LASTKNOWNSTATE bookmarks, it will always be “false”.

This is one step closer to releasing Power Tools 1.2 alltogether. Stay tuned, if you please.

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Thank you very much for your fast reply. Could you say when the version with dimensions will be released? According the time I'll decide to try or not to find a work around for this solution.

Thanks

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Well, I felt creative around the small hours tonight and the coffee just kicked in, so dimensions are now in as well. Version bumped to 1.5.

I still cannot give you a release date for Power Tools 1.2, but it is hopefully really soon.

Partner
Partner

So if I'm right dimensions are now available in version 1.5 Where can I download it?

Many thanks

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Like I said, it's a part of Power Tools 1.2, which is currently being tested. We hope to release as soon as we can.

Partner
Partner

Could you please share the test version for this, I would also test it and share my experiences with you.

I'm digging on it. I really need connector with dimensions.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Stefan, The QV User Manager utility which is part of the Power Tools has some limitations. It can only remove unused CALS in the last 30 days. I have customized by making the # of days as a parameter that can be specified by user input. I'll be happy to share the code if you want to include this in the Power Tools V1.2. Please let me know!

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

The Qv User Manager is designed to only be able to purge certain CAL types after a minimum of 30 days, yes. The reason for this is to follow the license agreement that you sign when purchasing QlikView - certain CALs are not allowed to be re-used until after 30 days.

So if you have costumized the tool to circumvent this, it is license abuse. We have no plans to include functionality like that in Power Tools since it would be in breach with our own license agreement.

I hope you understand.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Let me clarify. The intention is not to breach any license agreements. We would like to purge unused licenses after 180 days. I have no idea why it's set to 30 days. But it's too less, given the typical usage patterns such as Quarter Close.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎2019-03-27 11:51 AM
Updated by:
Anonymous

Contributors