Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

QLIKVIEW LICENSE CLEANER

emanuele_tms
New Contributor

QLIKVIEW LICENSE CLEANER

Hi all,

Qlikview Server has a number of licenses (AssignedCals), there may be a problem when these licenses come to the limit.

To avoid to click 200 times (delete foreach user, apply and then restore and applies again....) I create this simple program.

Launch the program (you need to be in the same network of Qlikview Server), enter the name of the QlikView Server and the number of the port (you can see these info in the address of the "QlikView Management Console"), once you have entered this information, the program connects to the Management Console and allows with few clicks to "clean" all licenses .

Work with latest Qlikview Server version (12.x).

[UPDATE 02-2017]

The latest version do all automatically (cancel and restore), and finally the program closes.

So once you open the program, just wait.

Bye,

emakio

Attachments
Comments
karthiks_dwbi
Contributor III

Will that delete the CALs right away or same 24 hours grace period applies ?. 

0 Likes
emanuele_tms
New Contributor

Hi,

we can delete only CALs that have more than 24 hours of activity.

karthiks_dwbi
Contributor III

got that. Thank you.‌

0 Likes
koshcheev
New Contributor

Do you have same for DOCument CALs?

0 Likes
emanuele_tms
New Contributor

Unfortunately no,

because where I work we don't use Document CALs.

0 Likes
mr_barriesmith
Contributor

Does this not contradict the license agreement?  See QlikView license metrics Section 3

Named and Document CALs, and the NPrinting Designer, are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is due to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the prior user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software. When a Named User or Document CAL is transferred, there is a 7 day quarantine before the CAL can be used by another user.

0 Likes
emanuele_tms
New Contributor

You should know that with the latest version of QlikView Server, there are 7 day of quarantine before you are able to re-assign the license (with older version was different), so doens't contradict the license agreement, simply cleans automatically what sould do a user with a thousand click.

0 Likes
dfoster9
Valued Contributor

When it asks for the server name and port do you input a QVS server (if so which port) or the QMS server.

we have a clustered environment so this is not obvious

0 Likes
emanuele_tms
New Contributor

Hi, the server name its the server where Qlikview is installed, if you launch the program directly from server you can write only "localhost", about the port, you can see that if you open Qlik Management Console and check the link (example : http://localhost:4780/qmc/default.htm ‌...4780 is the port)

0 Likes
eddiebrown
Visitor II

Hi,

Great piece of software, thank you!

I have an issue on my site, where they don't always have a user name which is "Surname, Forename", they have just PC12345. This causes the script to fail as in the screenshot. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

QVClearError.PNG

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎11-02-2016 05:37 AM
Updated by: