Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

QVX SDK Libraries and Examples

Not applicable

QVX SDK Libraries and Examples

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

Dan,

I played with your examples for a while.

I can create QVX files when using QvxFields with type QvxFieldType.QVX_TEXT. But how do I create fields with type QvxFieldType.QVX_IEEE_REAL for example?

Konrad Mattheis has created a library QbxLib. It can be used to create QVX files base on a list of obects of a class.

Is it possible to combine both?

Greetings,

Geert

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi,

You just replace QvxFieldType.QVX_TEXT with QvxFieldType.QVX_IEEE_REAL in the specification of your QvxField like this:

new QvxField("TimeGenerated", QvxFieldType.QVX_IEEE_REAL, QvxNullRepresentation.QVX_NULL_FLAG_SUPPRESS_DATA)

As a tip, if you place the QvxLibrary.XML file along with the QvxLibrary.dll file you will get fully functional auto complete in Visual Studio.

About your second question, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you think you could elaborate a bit about what you mean?

Regards

Martin

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

I update my QvxSDK1.0 to QvxSDK2.0, use QvxLog.SetLogLevels(true,true) to switch on waring and

debug messages,but the log file can not be created in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\{The name of the Connector}\Log.

use the QvxSDK1.0 there is no problem.

can you help me?

best wishes

haku

0 Likes
Not applicable

Problem:

We believe there is a bug in QvxSDK_2.0 library which does not allow us creating a custom connector.

Questions:

Is there any newer version of QvxSDK being prepared?

Has anyone already encountered this kind of problem?

Problem description:

To load data from our data source we call methods of a third party DLL COM-object.

1)It works without any problem in a standalone mode where we use exactly the same query as the one generated in QV script, and it addresses the same methods as those addressed from within QlikView:

internal class QvCustomConnection : QvxConnection

{

public override void Init()

{

MTables = new List<QvxTable>

{

new QvxTable

{

TableName = "Table1",

GetRows = GetTable1,

Fields = Table1Fields

}

};

2)But when running the connector from within QlikView it deadlocks in our GetTable1 method, precisely in the moment when we call any of our COM-object methods.

3)Moreover, when running the connector from within QlikView if we call our GetTable1 method ourselves directly in the Init() method, it works just fine.

Thus, we believe there is no bug in our custom code but there is one in the QvxSDK library itself.

Tested QlikView versions: all subversions of QlikView Desktop 11.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Denis,

Are you still experiencing these problems?

Regards

Martin Walter

--

Software Developer Connectivity

QlikTech

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Martin,

Unfortunatelly I do and I really hope smb from QVX SDK team will finally take a look at it. Because otherwise I am afraid that we won't be able to create our custom connector.

Regards,

Denis

0 Likes
Not applicable

Martin,

I am experiencing these problemes and I have no idea why my messages don' t get approved by community's moderators.

Denis.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Denis

If you are still experiencing issues you can raise a support case with the Qliktech helpdesk who will ne able to look into this

thanks

Ian

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ian,

I've raised the case 2 months ago. Since then I have some rare discussions with guys from QlikTech which end nowhere.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ian,

we did reported this case. We communicated for about a month with the support team and now we get the bug id.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2011-12-06 04:28 AM
Updated by: