Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

QlikView documentation and resources.

Announcements
Customer & Partners, DEC. 9, 11 AM ET: Qlik Product & Strategy Roadmap Session: Data Analytics REGISTER NOW

Qlik Statement of Direction 2017

JamesFisher
Employee
Employee

Qlik Statement of Direction 2017

Qlik has now published its 2017 Statement of Direction, which sets out our continued investment across our cloud-ready modern BI portfolio. The PDF is attached and also available on Qlik Statement of Direction

Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

Thank you Patrik for the reply. I am really looking forward to the vision set out by James to be fulfilled and would be happy to share some of the feedback I get from the end-users of QlikSense themselves. Please let me know how I can help to contribute to making QlikSense better for business users.

Thanks!

0 Likes
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The presentor who spoke about transition to Cassandra was icd

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think the new feature "Shared Persistence" introduced in Qlik Sense v 3.1.2 is the answer. Check this post: Going for shared persistence?

0 Likes
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You mean, my own post?

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry Martin, didn´t see your name as the author´s post.

0 Likes
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Appreciate if someone can answer my questions

0 Likes
JamesFisher
Employee
Employee

Deepak, apologies for the delay in responding.

Regarding big data indexing then our aim is to bring the full associative experience to big data. It is planned to supplement Qlik’s QIX engine with binary indexing of data stored in data lakes and big data solutions such as Hadoop, enabling the fast and engaging data discovery Qlik customers are used to while still providing access to all the details of the underlying data. At this point we are not able to share more specific technical details but we do plan to first showcase this at our Qonnections event in May this year.

It was indeed Ian Crosland who presented at the Qlik Dev Group event. At that point in time one option under consideration was the potential to move the repository to another data store, however our plans, as we always say, are subject to change, and in this case we have shifted direction. At the time we were reviewing our options, R&D also developed the Shared Persistence Deployment model to better support our larger deployments by using a file share and Postgres as the repository.  As a result and as part of our evolving micro-services architecture and Qlik’s statement of direction to better support a hybrid architecture, the repository choice is currently to remain with Postgres.  If this direction shifts we will provide future updates.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thank you, James. Appreciate your response.

I would love to see big data indexing which can work directly with Azure Data Lake or likes of AWS S3. In my view, this is a huge market. I don't know if "Big Data" is a fad or not, but the reality is that data volumes are growing fast. So, having the associative engine on top of large data sets will be super useful. I may not attend Qonnections due to my master's degree exams, but I shall look forward to more information in this space.

Thank you again!

DV

falgunip
Contributor III
Contributor III

good information

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2017-01-19 06:38 AM
Updated by: