Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
Announcement: Certain actions are currently causing a Page Not Found error. This is a known issue and we are working with the platform vendor to investigate and resolve it.

QlikCentral Flat Design QVW template

Luminary
Luminary

QlikCentral Flat Design QVW template

Hello,

Over the past few weeks I've been recording a number of vlogs detailing how I create a general layout in QlikView. This layout has evolved over a number of years and be combining my own ideas with others I've come across whilst acting as a QlikView consultant.

Recently this design was shown to QlikTech as part of a project I was working on, I was very pleased with the feedback which was extremely positive, with comments like "Clean", "Great Use of Space" and "intuitive" being used. I also receive very positive customer feedback when they see this design for the first time.

Flat Design.png

There are six videos in the series:

I hope you will find these videos useful, I've attached the final qvw here for you to see and understand the functionality first hand. The data structure comes from the Qlik Northwind Database example, although I've used it so I could populate filters I don't use it for any calculations or was concerned about the structure here (so basically you can replace it with your own data easily)

Please let me know if you feel more can be vloged about as I'm always on the lookout for new idea's and would also love to hear your comments.

thanks

Richard

www.qlikcentral.com

Attachments
Comments
Partner
Partner

Great template! Thanks for sharing.

robert99
Valued Contributor II

Thanks Richard

This is great. I have spend many hours trying to come up with a quality layout. Generally I felt the demo layouts were OK but not great. So I developed my own but sticking with the year month etc at the top and the current selection box and selection options at the side. I was happy with what I finished with.

But your layout looks first rate. I will try this at work and use it and see what I think. If I'm still impressed and other users like it will change to this layout for a new documents I'm about to do.

thornofcrowns
Valued Contributor II

Nice work!

I'm sure that I'll be using elements of this in the very near future.

Luminary
Luminary

Thanks RJ, I hope they like it.

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks James, !!

0 Likes
robert99
Valued Contributor II

Ive started working on it.

But one question. How do you get the tick to change colour when a selection is made. I downloaded your file but when I transferred to mine everything worked except the button did not change colour. And I could not see how you had done this

Thanks RJ

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

Morning RJ,

There's a variable called vNumberOfCurrentSelections in the file which activates the colour of a small text box below the image of the tick. The tick image is transparant and will show the colour through.

When you changed to your data did you remove the variables as this will have made the current selection colour stop working?

This video (How I miminise the current selections to save space) above shows how the selection colour works in detail.

Richard

robert99
Valued Contributor II

Thanks Richard. So that's how it was done.

The green was a cool feature so will set up when I get back to work tomorrow. I just could not work out how you had done it but I was looking at the tick not below it.

At present I have incorporated only a few small features into a document that I have already set up. The tick and left hand side grey selection boxes. It was exactly what my sheets needed (these few small changes made a huge difference to the layout quality) so will upload tomorrow and see what the users think. But will incorporate more in future documents.

aemaaema
New Contributor II

Awesome thanks

robert99
Valued Contributor II

This is what I have got so far

But will replace the FS with the tick (but background will be red when selected, black when not). The search button search turn black when it is selected

Corporate colours are Red, white and black so will let you know what the users think. I have included MthsSelect as often more than one month is selected

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-10-08 05:49 AM
Updated by: