QlikView App: At The Qlik Of A Button

Last Update:

May 29, 2013 5:01:45 PM

Updated By:

stevedark

Created date:

May 29, 2013 5:01:45 PM

Attachments

This example has been produced to accompany the blog post QlikView Buttons, When, Why and How.

The shared QlikView demonstrates how actions can be attached a number of different types of objects and used to navigate and enrich a QlikView application. Download it and click around to see what you can find.

The blog article gives more information on Actions in QlikView, along with step by step instructions on how to implement some of what is displayed in this shared QlikView and a video walk through.

Please also see my other Community uploads here stevedarkand also listed on our website here https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/examples/

Steve Dark

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/

Comments
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

nice  post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am new to Qlikview. Could anyone please explain the logic behind the 3 buttons or text boxes and code for selecting each button because I am unable to open the QVW file. Below one is which I created and each button has a bundle of charts inside. When I click the button it is acting like a toggle button(On and Off). But my requirement is "when I clicked one button remaining two buttons information should hide and when I select another button the remaining two buttons information should hide not the buttons.

Can anyone please help me to learn the new things.

Thank you in advance.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you get along to the blog post that was made to go with this document there is instructions on how to put it all together:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-buttons/

My guess is that you can't open the document because you are using Personal Edition.   If you need any of the code copied and pasted into this thread please just let me know.

This video shows the app in use:

QlikView Buttons - YouTube

Hope that helps.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Steve,

Hope doing good.

Yes Steve, I have gone through the video but I didn't get how those buttons are functioning inside. I need the inside code how the buttons are working by clicking Dashboard button, Analysis button and Details button. I have tried but I am unable to get it. Would you please assist me with the code.

Thank you very much.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Gopi,

You need to create the view mode variable in the load script (let vViewMode = 'Dashboard';) then you can use actions on each button to change the variable:

2017-05-11_18-47-47.png

Colour variables also need to be created in the load script (as per the blog post) and then the colour code on the text box is like this:

2017-05-11_18-50-18.png

Once you have however many buttons that you need set up, and toggling, you can then put show conditions on objects like this:

2017-05-11_18-51-39.png

The thing that is most easy to miss, which will cause the whole thing not to work, is to not have the variable you are using created first.  The action on a text object will not create the variable - only change it.  The variable can be created in the load script or the variable overview.  With the load script it has the advantage that it is initialised on each reload.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Steve.

Now I am able to get the output what I expected. Thank you very much for your support.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Glad it's working - thanks for confirming back.

Not applicable

Hi stevedark, how do you create views? I have created the variable vViewMode but how do I assign it to a table or in this case, 'Dashboard', how did you create the view 'Dashboard'?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Once you have the variable you need to be able to change it's value with button actions.  There's a comment above (from May '17) that shows how this is done.  You can check the value is changing in the Variable Overview - of if you copy and paste my buttons you will see the colours changing.

It's then simply a case of using a Display Criteria on each object, this is also shown in the same comment above.

The blog post, referenced in the original comment, is the best source of reference for getting this working.

Let me know exactly which bits are working or not working - and I should be able to give further pointers on getting this working.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable

Thanks.

I have a few more questions.. I am unable to respond via Jive since it does not allow me to upload/attach a document – responding via email instead.

Hope you can check the attached qv file – my q’s are in one of the text boxes.

Version history
Last update:
‎2013-05-29 05:01 PM
Updated by: