Skip to main content
Announcements
Document boards are being consolidated, this board no longer allows NEW documents READ MORE

QlikView App - Show and Hide Sheets based on User or Menu

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QlikView App - Show and Hide Sheets based on User or Menu

Last Update:

Feb 8, 2014 7:11:00 PM

Updated By:

stevedark

Created date:

Feb 8, 2014 7:11:00 PM

Attachments

As QlikView applications grow the number of tabs that information is spread across can grow rapidly as well.   The new Ajax view makes it easier to navigate when there are many tabs (with the drop down) but if users are using the IE Plugin or an older version of QlikView a lot of the screen can be taken up with tabs.

One way of solving this is to group the tabs into functional areas and place a menu on the welcome tab that allows the user to select which functional area they want to look at.

Furthermore, if some tabs are simply not relevant to some users then it is possible to hide those tabs (and the menu options to show them) from those users.

This document gives an example of a menu that switches tabs on and off and implements hiding of tabs from users based on their OSUser name - loaded from an Inline table in the load script.

I hope you find this document useful, you can find links to other documents I have uploaded here: http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-examples/

Steve

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-blog/

Comments
NickBentley82
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for your detailed response Steve. 

This post has helped me out a great deal, and the level of detail your response provided was of great assistance regarding an issue I had been stuck on for some time. 

Thanks once again, and keep up the great work! 

Cheers 

Nick

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks Nick. Glad you got to where you needed to be.

Version history
Last update:
‎2014-02-08 07:11 PM
Updated by: