Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Documents

QlikView documentation and resources.

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources: READ DETAILS

QlikView How To (or Tips & Tricks) Application

lms
Employee
Employee

QlikView How To (or Tips & Tricks) Application

Some time ago I began an application designed to work as a general "How To" or "Tips & Tricks" document for QlikView developers. Up until now (9/12/2013) I have not made it available on community, which is something I should have done a long time ago. It covers all sorts of topics, such as Mapping, Comparative Analysis, Set Analysis, Working with Dates, Forecasting, Macros, etc. A couple of screen shots are shown below.

Note that if you are using QlikView Personal Edition you CAN still open this application, as it has an embedded licence. For those who want to reload the app, the data files and images are contained in the attached zip file.

I hope you find it useful!

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Attachments
Comments
lms
Employee
Employee

FYI: I just updated the licence embedded in the QVW as I believe it may have expired.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Can anyone help on how to open this qvw file in QlikView 11 personal edition?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Lee, excellent work! I was wondering if you can help me out!

I am new to QV and I am trying to use your awesome master calendar to compare YOY sales and growth, but for some reason I do not get the month of December right, Example Dec 2013 vs  Dec 2012 I'll get Dec 2012 vs Dec 2012.

Or anybody................ Help.................

0 Likes
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

Terrific application. Thank you for taking your time to develop this. Very useful!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using QlikView Personal Edition

I could not open it,any other way to open this document.

Thanks,

Pooja

0 Likes
lms
Employee
Employee

Hi Pooja

The embedded licence must have just expired. I have updated it and re-attached the How To application, so please download the application again from this post.

Regards

Lee

Not applicable

Thank you so much Lee.

0 Likes
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi lms,

Excellent post. Thanks for sharing this.

QuickChart.xlsx > Expressions > _expression > num(Avg (SalesAmount), '$#,##0.00;-$#,##0.00')

Is this num(sum (SalesAmount), '$#,##0.00;-$#,##0.00') or num(Avg (SalesAmount), '$#,##0.00;-$#,##0.00') ?

Please clarify.

Thanks

QW

0 Likes
ahmar811
Creator III
Creator III

Thank for sharing your knowledge.it's really helpful

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Its  very helpful on so many issues.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-12-08 11:56 PM
Updated by:
Employee