Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

QlikView Technical Brief - AGGR.docx

abyqlik_com
Contributor

QlikView Technical Brief - AGGR.docx

AGGR is a very powerful aggregation function that is sometimes overlooked in the user interface due to is not being properly understood or indeed a developer not being sure how it can be utilised. Often, a QlikView developer will revert to more complex scripting or pre-aggregating data to service an expression that is required in a chart, which can actually be solved by using AGGR.

Labels (1)
Comments
fbl
New Contributor II

Hi,

how would the expression look like, when I want to display Fred and the Top 3 others of the list ?

So basically a set returned by the ranking function + a static value

=concat(distinct IF(aggr(rank(sum({<Salesperson-={'Fred'}>}Sales)),Salesperson)<=3,Salesperson[add Fred here to the set of Salespersons]),CHR(13),-aggr(sum(Sales),Salesperson))

0 Likes
Arjunarao
Honored Contributor II

Very good document. Thanks for sharing.

Partner
Partner

If your having trouble using AGGR this might be the document for you. It's well explained and the author makes it easy to understand. Also, several simple yet useful example are provided to show some uses of AGGR.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Bit confused by in using the rank function along with the Aggr. In some example I have seen Rank used outside the Aggr. In this document, rank function is used inside the Aggr.

Just curious, isn't Rank compares things and ranked the items, so ins't outside Aggr, so the virtual table produced by the Aggr can br ranked.

Also it is assumed that internal table produced would be sorted from highest to lowest, just wonder if we need the reverse, how to do that.

Thanks.@aby

0 Likes
jkampmeijer
New Contributor II

Thank you for sharing.

0 Likes
laureadiaz
New Contributor III

This helped me understand aggr, thanks!

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

‌Hi Adam,

Great function, i learned that aggr on a sorted table (in the rijgt way) increase the speed. But i do not realy understand why this is.  Can you tel me when to use order by and when not ?

thanks in advance

Lidia

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Hi need help 

FirstSortedValue(Product,aggr(sum(Sales),Product)) is not returning any name though FirstSortedValue(Product,-aggr(sum(Sales),Product)) is giving me the minimum sales product

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-03-04 05:24 AM
Updated by: