Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

QlikView Version 11 SDK

Not applicable

QlikView Version 11 SDK

logo_qlikview.gif                                                  

Welcome to the QlikView Version 11 SDK

The QlikView Software Development Kit is the home of the QlikView Software Integration toolbox. It includes sample code and the Application Programming Interfaces  (APIs).

Note: More content will be added in an ongoing basis.

How Do I...                                    
client.png Build Standalone Windows applications?  -  QlikView OCX

QlikView OCX is an ActiveX control containing the QlikView program for embedding into host application programs developed by software manufacturers on a OEM basis. QlikView OCX can be used to open documents in QlikView Server or document files directly as a desktop client.                                 

Video

client.png Build a public Internet website using .NET controls?  -  QlikView Workbench

The QlikView WorkBench is a .NET based developer tool for enabling the integration of QlikView into web based solutions. QlikView Workbench uses the JavaScript API of the QlikView AJAX client.                                 

Video

QlikView API Guides                                   
client.pngThe QlikView  Core COM API

This API guide documents the core COM based Automation interface of the QlikView installed client.

QlikView COM API guide

client.pngThe QlikView JavaScript API

The JavaScript API represents the web API for the QlikView AJAX clients, for buildning Extension Objects, and for working with the QlikView Workbench.

QlikView JavaScript API Reference

QlikView Extension Definition File

QlikView Properties Page

QlikView Properties
(download as .zip)

client.png
The QlikVIew Management Service API

The QlikView Management Service API is a Web Services API for functionality used by a QlikView Server Administrator.

QlikView Management Service API Reference

QMS Client Sample Application (Delivered as Part of QlikView PowerTools)

Event Driven Execution (EDX) Reference

client.png
QVX  - Create Your Own Data Connector

There can be sources of data which are not available through ODBC  or OLE DB sources and are not readable as flat files. QVX (QlikView  data eXchange) is a file/stream format for data which allows you to  create your own connector for input into QlikView. A QVX formatted file  contains metadata describing a table of data and the actual data.  The  QVX SDK contains two examples (with sample c# code) of extracting data  from the Windows Event log for both QVX file production and streaming  data directly into QlikView.

QVX File Format Specification

QVX Instructions

QVX Libraries and Examples

For general product information or support, please visit QlikView Home Page

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
Comments
Not applicable

-

Not applicable

Shouldn't the reference documentation for qvpp and definition.xml of extension objects be here too?

amien
Valued Contributor

where can i find the SDK? i couldn't find it in the Qlikview server install. In QV10 i needed to check it before installing. The SDK option is not there anymore

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Amien,

The SDK is no longer installed via the MSI, it is now a web reference (this page). This gives us greater flexability to update the reference materials as needed.

Regards,

Dan

Partner
Partner

Are there any ticketing examples for V11?

0 Likes
answersharks
New Contributor II

Hi Gary!!!

Yes, they do.

Look in the Program Files install directory for QlikView and search for the QVSTicket.htm file.

Bill

0 Likes
answersharks
New Contributor II

Hi Sarah,

On the bottom of the email below, there is a link to the next 'ask the

experts' item. How can I register for it?

I followed the link, but I don't see where to sign up for it.

Thanks

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Sara Leslie <

0 Likes
sli
Valued Contributor II

You have a sharp eye! So glad you found the footer- I just updated it last night. No registration is required to attend this very cool online event. We are updating the featured content and other areas in the community to promote this event over the next week. When the event goes live you can view a video walkthrough of cool yet relevant vizualizations and join the discussion.

Thank you and we will look forward to your participation.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks. The links, below, all work fine, so I am set and will not trouble you again.

Thanks again for your help!

/Russ

Russ Lemker

Senior Product Training Manager

+1-612-940-2189

qlik.com<http://www.qlik.com/>

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

0 Likes
danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Can we expect any QMS API samples including code to be released in the near future?

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2011-11-23 12:58 PM
Updated by: