Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

QlikView Version 11 SDK

Not applicable

QlikView Version 11 SDK

logo_qlikview.gif                                                  

Welcome to the QlikView Version 11 SDK

The QlikView Software Development Kit is the home of the QlikView Software Integration toolbox. It includes sample code and the Application Programming Interfaces  (APIs).

Note: More content will be added in an ongoing basis.

How Do I...                                    
client.png Build Standalone Windows applications?  -  QlikView OCX

QlikView OCX is an ActiveX control containing the QlikView program for embedding into host application programs developed by software manufacturers on a OEM basis. QlikView OCX can be used to open documents in QlikView Server or document files directly as a desktop client.                                 

Video

client.png Build a public Internet website using .NET controls?  -  QlikView Workbench

The QlikView WorkBench is a .NET based developer tool for enabling the integration of QlikView into web based solutions. QlikView Workbench uses the JavaScript API of the QlikView AJAX client.                                 

Video

QlikView API Guides                                   
client.pngThe QlikView  Core COM API

This API guide documents the core COM based Automation interface of the QlikView installed client.

QlikView COM API guide

client.pngThe QlikView JavaScript API

The JavaScript API represents the web API for the QlikView AJAX clients, for buildning Extension Objects, and for working with the QlikView Workbench.

QlikView JavaScript API Reference

QlikView Extension Definition File

QlikView Properties Page

QlikView Properties
(download as .zip)

client.png
The QlikVIew Management Service API

The QlikView Management Service API is a Web Services API for functionality used by a QlikView Server Administrator.

QlikView Management Service API Reference

QMS Client Sample Application (Delivered as Part of QlikView PowerTools)

Event Driven Execution (EDX) Reference

client.png
QVX  - Create Your Own Data Connector

There can be sources of data which are not available through ODBC  or OLE DB sources and are not readable as flat files. QVX (QlikView  data eXchange) is a file/stream format for data which allows you to  create your own connector for input into QlikView. A QVX formatted file  contains metadata describing a table of data and the actual data.  The  QVX SDK contains two examples (with sample c# code) of extracting data  from the Windows Event log for both QVX file production and streaming  data directly into QlikView.

QVX File Format Specification

QVX Instructions

QVX Libraries and Examples

For general product information or support, please visit QlikView Home Page

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
Comments
bob_zagars
New Contributor II

Bjorn,

According to documentation on release 11.2 SR5 it specifies Web Parts and not workbench.  When will the workbench part be released?

0 Likes
Support
Support

Hi Robert,

Both Web Parts and Workbench are available on our download site if you go to the tab View All / Search and filter on English - 11.20 - SR 5.

Best,

Bjorn

0 Likes
Not applicable

Why can't i download this?

0 Likes
simonb2013
Contributor

Carlo, I am confused.

There is a statement you made about 'reserved for OEM partners'  I hope you could clarify.

Maybe if I outline what I would like to achieve ?

• I have a 'developer' license. Normally I just use the QV DT to  create qvws & publish to server.
  • My target users currently go to the Access Point to use my documents.
  • Now, I would like to make a windows app (C#) using OCX
    • The app uses the ActiveX QlikOCX Control to open server documents in a windows form.
    • The app will be distributed to my users to view documents in the app instead of the AP.

Given the above, is this all feasible and using the OCX  as intended' ?

I don't want to start down this route, if at some point I hit a brick wall because I am doing something that the OCX was not intended for.

Your clarification would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

0 Likes
adriano_fornoni
New Contributor III

Thanks, it is helpful

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2011-11-23 12:58 PM
Updated by: