Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

RecordSpecial_Tutorial_Exercise.pdf

jsw
New Contributor II

RecordSpecial_Tutorial_Exercise.pdf

This tutorial exercise demonstrates how to develop an Extension Operator Descriptor for a Write operator and the Record Special and Field Special settings in the Extension Object Schema Descriptor to enable the Write operator to explicity control the field order of the output records. This tutorial builds on the first tutorial exercise published on the Community site, “Schema from Type Tutorial Exercise,” and on the exercises in the online help for QlikView Expressor 3.9. Before attempting to complete this tutorial, you should have a working knowledge of the Extensions SDK and complete at least the first three tutorial exercises in the online help. You must also have worked through the Schema-from-Type tutorial.

Comments
Not applicable

Hi, James Siwila

In This Document, you wirte "This tutorial builds on exercises in the online help for

QlikView Expressor 3.9."

But I can't find it. Can you tell me how to find this online help? Thanks.

jsw
New Contributor II

The online help is available within the QlikView Expressor application, from the menu on the help icon (question mark) in the uppermost right corner. It is also available from the Start menu. Look under QlikView>expressor3. Let me know if you have any problems.

Not applicable

Thank u very much. I find the tutorial.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-02-2013 02:33 PM
Updated by:
jsw