Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Refresh data without user interaction on AJAX client

Not applicable

Refresh data without user interaction on AJAX client

This solution let update data without user interaction and without reload the page, it work with v11.

Hope help.

Problem:

There may be situations where one needs to maintain a session, without user interaction and/or have automatic data refresh.
This document provides an example of a possible solution on how to solve this request using the Ajax client.

Solution:

• Open the location of the Ajax client (C:\Program Files\QlikView\QlikView Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax)
  • Make a copy of the file opendoc.htm renaming it to opendoc_refresh.htm
  • Edit the copied file and add the following script in the <Head></Head> section:

<script>            

var int=self.setInterval(function(){RefreshData()},60000);            

function RefreshData()           

{

qva.Send();           

}           

</script>

• Save it

The new opendoc_refresh.htm can be applied to the AccessPoint, affecting all QlikView Documents

or a single document.

1) All AccessPoint

To set the customized opendoc_refresh.htm to be used in AccessPoint, do the following:

• Open QMC
  • Go to System - Setup - <QlikView Webserver instance> - AccessPoint - Accesspoint Settings
  • In Client Paths, change the path for Full Browser to /QvAjaxZfc/opendoc_refresh.htm
  • Click Apply to save changes

2) Single document already published

To use the customized opendoc_refresh.htm for a single QlikView document do the following:

• Open QMC
  • Go to Documents - User Documents - <DocumentName> - Server - Availability
  • Change the path for Full Browser to /QvAjaxZfc/opendoc_refresh.htm

3) Single document using the distribution task

To apply the customized opendoc_refresh.htm using a distribution task do the following:

• Open QMC
  • Go to Documents - Source Documents - <TaskName> - Server - Availability
  • Change the path for Full Browser to /QvAjaxZfc/opendoc_refresh.htm
Tags (2)
Labels (2)
Comments
swr
Not applicable

If you want to add this functionality by just using a document extension, see here QlikView AutoRefresh Document Extension

Regards

Stefan

Support
Support

I can see where this would be an issue if you are using sessions CALs.  It would mean the CAL would not be release if there was no activity.

swr
Not applicable

Yes, that's absolutely correct and true. I have created this extension basically for a monitor-solution where a refresh every 15 seconds was intended and a indeed a named CAL was used ...

Regards

Stefan

marjan_it
Not applicable

Hi I used this extension and it ok and work in server. but in access point it does not work property.

I should click on desktop to refresh. without click it does not work.

what should I do to solveit?!!

bradley_isaacs
Not applicable

HI Marjan

Have you managed to find a solution.  I have the same issue.   It doesnt work without a mouse-click.

Bradley

marjan_it
Not applicable

Hi , No I did not find solution

rva_heldendaten
Not applicable

Just tested Stephans document extension on QlikView Server 12.10  SR1 and it still works for me.

Have you copied the document extension to the following path?

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document

agsnasoft
Not applicable

Hello Roland Vecera.

I installed the QV Server November 2017. but I do not locate the path where we have to paste the extension. you know in what other option we can place it.

This route shows me:

c: \ ProgramData \ QlikTech \ QlikViewServer

but the extensions folder is not inside the QlikView Server.

Thank you

regards

Support
Support

You have to create it.

Bill

agsnasoft
Not applicable

hello already done in this way to see the applications, configure the console as indicated in the steps but when clicking the applications in access point my access point remains the whole screen blank I can not see any sheet of the applications

Why is this happening?

Thank you

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-10-2013 04:35 AM
Updated by: