Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Restart failed and not executed QMC tasks with the QMSEDX interface.

hugmarcel
Contributor III

Restart failed and not executed QMC tasks with the QMSEDX interface.

Hi

I use QMC task dependency information to restart failed and not executed tasks by use of the QMSEDX interface.

Steps are:

1.) Create data model with task dependency information.
2.) Read todays Distribution Service task logfile to find failed and unexecuted tasks.
3.) Restart failed and unexecuted tasks, evaluate task dependency information!
4.) Send a QMC reload status sms.

You can execute all script tasks with Windows Task Scheduler. By setting a propper execution interval,
the QVS file allows you to track and restart QMC tasks in a very efficient and elegant way.

Marcel

Attachments
Comments
amirkachlon
New Contributor III

Hi Marcel,

This code is great and very easy to implement thanks !

Do you have any solution for situation where my tasks are daily scheduled and I can't trigger them with EDX simultaneously?

I can bypass it by reload the qvw files with Distribution service but then I lose the dependency of tasks as in the QMC.

Is there a way using the dependency datamodel created in the script in order to run all qvw higher on hierarchy of failed task by Distribution service alone?

Regards,

Amir

hugmarcel
Contributor III

Hi Amir

1.) The code uses EDX to restart tasks, I have no other solution.

2.) "Run all higher on hierarchy...". -> Yes this should be possible as the full task dependency is contained in the task model. However, this needs changing the code. Determine the upper node of the task failed and execute this node.

Marcel

amirkachlon
New Contributor III

Ok,

I will try to edit script so it will reload all qvw files by distribution service alone.

wish me luck

hugmarcel
Contributor III

Hi Amir

hm hm, only way to start a task via load script is to use the EDX trigger (macro Interface), or to use qv.exe in connection with a EXECUTE statement.

What exactly do you mean with "by distribution service alone"? EDX of course uses the distribution service...

Marcel

amirkachlon
New Contributor III

I mean reloading the qvw file and not the task

you can do this by using QVDistributionService.exe for example:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe" -r="C:\Temp\1.qvw"

because you actually reload the qvw itself it is disconnected from the qmc datamodel and it wont proceed to reload higher documnets on the hierarchy, but it allow you to reload any file without having to change the regular daily schedule to edx

hugmarcel
Contributor III

Ok...

So what is the difference between using QVDistributionService.exe" -r="C:\Temp\1.qvw" instead of using  qv.exe "C:\Temp\1.qvw"?

Marcel

amirkachlon
New Contributor III

I dont know if there a difference its just what I usally do.

Ok will update on final result

thanks for your help

Amir

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-27-2014 10:26 AM
Updated by: