Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Self Serve Report Builder Example.qvw

neilhepburn
New Contributor II

Self Serve Report Builder Example.qvw

This example shows how to build a Self-Serve dashboard in QlikView, providing a "drag and drop" interface for building charts with multiple dimensions and measures.

Tags (4)
Attachments
Comments
thornofcrowns
Valued Contributor II

Ah, I now see that this is a response to:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/01/31/customizable-straight-table

Thanks for the example, I was confused by the use of "drag and drop", though! 

neilhepburn
New Contributor II

Correct, there is no "drag and drop" actually happening in the example I provided.

I only use the term "drag and drop" as it is how business users tend to describe and think about self-serve OLAP report builders.

It only takes a few seconds to demonstrate that the this approach using List Boxes is more efficient, while accomplishing the same goals as a traditional "drag and drop" interface.  So business users will quickly forgive you for the lack of drag and drop.  That said, if I get really pushed, I demonstrate how I can move columns around through dragging and dropping.

thornofcrowns
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for the clarification. Given the user base that I am involved with, I try not to use terms they either don't know or I know will confuse them!

Not applicable

Hi,

Your example is very helpful, is partially helped for my requirement. I have created a dimension with drill down structure with drill down group with Project number being my last drill, I have added Project description as an expression which I want to be shown only when I drill to project number and hide it from other drills.

Could you please me inputs on how can I do it?

Appreciate your help

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎02-02-2014 08:13 PM
Updated by: