Skip to main content
Announcements
Document boards are being consolidated, this board no longer allows NEW documents READ MORE

Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples

Attachments

For those that find this document in a search - you may also want to check out these videos to learn Set Analysis:

A Beginners' Introduction to Set Analysis

About the attached document:

The doc is organized by question:

- to select all or just known members

- to select through search strings, variables that can store just members but also the whole set

- to select using two fields, a boolean test, a function like concat(), sum(), p() or e(), rank()

In this updated version, I have added some few sections and some examples.

It is a translation of a french doc I have written few weeks ago: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4889

Comments
Not applicable

Thank you. This is very helpful.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you for excellent document Aunez!

At the beginning of 4th chapter you're stating that double quotes are used for text:

"({*} for numeric, {"*"} for text)"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think double quotes are used for search expressions while single quotes are used for text.

Lukasz

0 Likes
Not applicable

Lukasz,

For text Field, if you want all values, you may use nothing like  <Client=>, no quote like {*}, simple quotes like {'*'} or double quotes like{"*"}. For numeric, you do not use any quotes.

See excellent post by Henric about simple or double quotes : http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/04/09/quoteology

That is effectively search string. A single star will search everything that has letters. That is why the difference between <Client=> and <Client={"*"}> resides in the NULL that is selected in the first sentence and not in the second one. If you do not have any NULL in your field, there is no difference.

Fabrice

Not applicable

Me ha ayudado mucho.( Nice doc)

Thanks a lot  from Spain

0 Likes
Not applicable

Excellente Fabrice! Un bon résumé! 

Merci beaucoup!

0 Likes
MuraliPrasath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Fabrice,

This is very simple and easy to learn.

Keep up your good work .

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's very useful for me. Thanks!

0 Likes
Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Very impressive! The best and most complete in depth explanation of set analysis I've ever seen. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very Useful. and well explained concepts of set analysis.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A really nice document Fabrice, many thanks for taking the time and putting it together for the Community.

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2013-09-26 04:24 AM
Updated by: