Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Show the chart by clicking the dimension in other chart

pradeepreddy
Valued Contributor II

Show the chart by clicking the dimension in other chart

Hi All,

I have tried to find out the solution for the bellow scenario in community, but my bad I did n't get it.

Scenario:

Suppose, we have 2 charts, one is Bar chart and other one is Pie-chart/Table box, and we have few List boxes. If we click on the dimension(Region) from Bar chart then only the other 2 objects (Pie chart and Table box) should appear. If I made the selection from List box(Region), it won’t showcase the other objects (Pie-chart/Table Box).

I got the solution for the above scenario using Macro, (no in built function as "GetActiveObjectID()"). If it is achievable with out macro suggestions are welcome.

I  uploaded the procedure document, sample data and QVW files for reference. It may help others.

Thanks, Pradeep

Comments
Partner
Partner

Hi pradeep.

I wonder what is rationale for such requirement? What problem it tries to solve?

I believe it is one of core assumption of qlikview application interface that you can select field value by any possible way and predictably get same result. Why you want it to be other way around?

0 Likes
pradeepreddy
Valued Contributor II

The user wants  to showcase the detailed data in table format. Some times he may want to see the data and some times he may not... For that reason If he selects the dimension from the Bar chart then only the detailed table data should appear, not from any other dimension selections from List boxes.

0 Likes
gupta_n8
Valued Contributor II

Just for example,

I have created,

If you will select field from listbox, then second chart will not be displayed,

and if you will select it from Chart1 , then Chart2 will be displayed.

Hope this helps you

But I dont know how to upload a file in document thread.

may be if you create a discussion thread, I can show you

0 Likes
pradeepreddy
Valued Contributor II

Nitin,

you did this with out using macro?. If so please share it.

E-mail: pradeep.taniparthy@gmail.com

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 Likes
gupta_n8
Valued Contributor II

I have emailed you the sample file at you email address

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update: