Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

QlikView documentation and resources.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING

Slightly Improved Sankey extension

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Slightly Improved Sankey extension

Someone posed the question on the community about the fact that the sankey extension object was duplicating nodes rather than allowing intermediaries to work properly.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/213922

So I got hold of the D3 code and slightly changed the way it works.

– Now works from three fields; Source Destination and Size

– Added the ability to double click on nodes to select the source or destination

– Number formatting tweak

– Size added to the labels

Included is an example file which includes code to shred a path into the two fields required

Overall this isn’t a huge change, just a small refinement

http://qlikanddirty.com/2016/10/10/slightly-improved-sankey/

Sankey.PNG

Attachments
Comments
hectorvega
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you Adam !

0 Likes
maxime_gerard
Partner
Partner

Hi Adam,

Thank you for this! It's a good idea. I just have one problem... The Destination box is disable. I can't enter a dimension. The Source is enable. Do you know why?

Thanks!

0 Likes
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

hmmm no that sounds odd, can you share a file so I can take a look?

0 Likes
maxime_gerard
Partner
Partner

I recreate the object and finally it works. It was because I started from a sankey developed with the last version.

Another question : is it possible to remove the "- Size" at the end of the field values?

Thx

0 Likes
brianrmacdonald
Creator
Creator

Included is an example file which includes code to shred a path into the two fields required

Can you post this code?  I assume it is in the *.qvw file.  I am trying to use a Sankey diagram with QlikSense and cannot fond one that takes a path_traveled type dimension.  I don't have access to QlikView.

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2016-10-10 05:51 AM
Updated by: