Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Slightly Improved Sankey extension

adamdavi3s
Not applicable

Slightly Improved Sankey extension

Someone posed the question on the community about the fact that the sankey extension object was duplicating nodes rather than allowing intermediaries to work properly.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/213922

So I got hold of the D3 code and slightly changed the way it works.

– Now works from three fields; Source Destination and Size

– Added the ability to double click on nodes to select the source or destination

– Number formatting tweak

– Size added to the labels

Included is an example file which includes code to shred a path into the two fields required

Overall this isn’t a huge change, just a small refinement

http://qlikanddirty.com/2016/10/10/slightly-improved-sankey/

Sankey.PNG

Attachments
Comments
hectorvega
Not applicable

Thank you Adam !

maxime_gerard
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

Thank you for this! It's a good idea. I just have one problem... The Destination box is disable. I can't enter a dimension. The Source is enable. Do you know why?

Thanks!

adamdavi3s
Not applicable

hmmm no that sounds odd, can you share a file so I can take a look?

maxime_gerard
Not applicable

I recreate the object and finally it works. It was because I started from a sankey developed with the last version.

Another question : is it possible to remove the "- Size" at the end of the field values?

Thx

brianrmacdonald
Not applicable

Included is an example file which includes code to shred a path into the two fields required

Can you post this code?  I assume it is in the *.qvw file.  I am trying to use a Sankey diagram with QlikSense and cannot fond one that takes a path_traveled type dimension.  I don't have access to QlikView.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-10-2016 05:51 AM
Updated by: