Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER

The Trash Operator

Employee
Employee

The Trash Operator

trash.jpgThe Trash Operator serves as a no operation endpoint. It simply drops all records it receives. I find it useful for debugging and documenting your expressor dataflow. I use this operator when building a large dataflow that will require multiple operations on data. On occasion I will run into an error that requires troubleshooting a certain branch of the dataflow. In a situation where it may be difficult to identify the root cause of a particular error message; I use a Trash Operator to replace the next operator in succession that was perceive-ably causing the error. This eliminates the rest of the operations in the dataflow and allows you to pinpoint what area could be causing a problem. If all records are processed successfully into Trash then you know that the previous operator has run. So you don't lose any of your work, you can always save a configured operator as a Template. That way you can bring it back to the canvas to complete your dataflow after troubleshooting without having to reconfigure a new operator.

trash2.jpg

Labels (1)
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2012-08-10 12:51 PM
Updated by: