Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Tool which test QlikView Webtickets

amien
Valued Contributor

Tool which test QlikView Webtickets

Hi All,

I did some projects lately which involved a webticket implementation. There is a website which you can use to test if the webticket is working, but i thought a tool would be more convenient. So here it is!

In the attachment you will find both the binary as well as the source code.

The interface:

webticket UI.jpg

User : User from authentication solution

Password : Password from authentication solution

Group : Group from authentication solution

QVW Document : singe QVW document to open with a generated ticket

!

QVS Host : Address of the QlikView server

User Service Account : Service account used to ask for a webticket (QV Administrator)

Password Service Account : Password of Service account used to ask for a webticket

Ping : Checks if the QlikView server can be reached (Result will be shown in WebTicket dialog textbox)

Get Webticket : Generated a webticket based on the above information (may take a while the first time)

Web Ticket : Shows the actual webticket that is created (string which contains numbers and letters)

AccessPoint URL : Url of the AccessPoint

Document URL : Url of the

Clipboard : Copies the url to the clipboard

Browse : opens the displayed url in the browser

The result should look something like this:

webticket 2.jpg

Feel free to use it, but please do share when you can make a contribution to this tool.

Labels (2)
Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

What is user service account and password service account? Why is it needed?

amien
Valued Contributor

The end user is not the one requesting the webticket. The Service account is used to ask for a ticket (QV Administrators).

aemaaema
New Contributor II

hmmm gotta try this

Not applicable

Hi Amien

I was wondering if you ever tried to make this work on .net 3.5? I tried and kept getting "invalid call" error from the server.

sfatoux72
Valued Contributor

Great tool, it allowed me to test and understand the different parameters of Web Ticket..

Many thanks

amien
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris,

No i never tried it. I guess it would be easy to compile the solution again with 3.5.. did you tried that?

amien
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the feedback sfatoux72

Not applicable

Hi Amien,

Just as an FYI. Trying to use it with 3.5 does not work as the ticketing system on QlikView is on 4.5 and there are some incompatibilities. Long story short, I ended up creating a 4.5 webservice that gets the ticket, this webservice is being used by my 3.5 website and now everything works!

amien
Valued Contributor

Good to know Chris. Thanks!

Not applicable

Hi Amien,

great info. Can you tell me a little bit about the Setup of the QlikView Server to work with this ? In my scenario I simply get an empty access point. I use NTFS Authorization with IIS.

thanks,

Mike

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎08-24-2014 09:46 AM
Updated by: