Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Tree Visualisation

s_uhlig
Contributor

Tree Visualisation

The attached example shows how to build a nested set based on a hierarchical data structure and its visualization on a scatter chart.

Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

good job. this concept might be helpful for one of my dashboard.

Thanks for sharing

Krishna

Not applicable

This is Awesome work! I am trying to use some of it in my work. It takes long time to generate data from the database, if we have even 100 rows. Not sure what I am doing wrong. The script is pretty much the same in geneartaing left, right, connections etc. The script creates millions of rows in Qlikview. I could attach a sample qvw if needed.

s_uhlig
Contributor

Yes, please attach a sample. It's certainly a misplaced join. There should be no more rows as generated by HierarchyBelongsTo

Not applicable

Hi,

thank you for your response. I have performance issue when I connect to the DB with more data. I will populate similar amount of data and send you.

In the attached excel sheet if you execute the script connecting to the excel sheet, the tree wouldn't be drawn.

If you remove the last three rows it would work. But my data will be repeated for several days. So I will have repeating nodes.

Any idea what I can do to make it work?

thanks you so much for your help. Everybody loved your work here. Its just when I am trying to customize what you have done I have trouble.

Shakila.

s_uhlig
Contributor

Hi Shakila,

I didn't found the attached excel sheet.

Not applicable

Not sure if the mailserver removed it. Sending xls as well as zip file.

Thanks,

Shakila.

s_uhlig
Contributor

seems not to work

Not applicable

I did solve this to some extend. But I still would love to hear from you if I can improve more. its ok, I can send you to your email id.

here is the data..first execute as such and add the just copy the first three rows at the bottom, just a change in date.(i.e. change the date to 4/24/12 for the three rows copied)

date app_name app_version device OS language country carrier node_id node_name parentnode_id ancestor_id layer event_count layer_rank

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3   OS English   Rogers app1 app1 app1 app1 0 0 1

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3   OS English   Rogers app1/Default Default app1 app1 1 0 2

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3   OS English   Rogers app1/Default Default app1 app1/Default 0 1 2

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen Homescreen app1 app1 1 0 3

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen Homescreen app1 app1/Homescreen 0 1 3

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen app1 2 0 1

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen app1/Homescreen 1 0 1

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen 0 1 1

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/Category Category app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen app1 3 0 1

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/Category Category app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen 2 0 1

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/Category Category app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen 1 0 1

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/Category Category app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/Category 0 1 1

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/SearchGrid SearchGrid app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen app1 3 0 2

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/SearchGrid SearchGrid app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen 2 0 2

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/SearchGrid SearchGrid app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen 1 0 2

4/23/12 app1 3.1.3

OS English

Rogers app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/SearchGrid SearchGrid app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen app1/Homescreen/ContentTypeHomescreen/SearchGrid 0 1

s_uhlig
Contributor

Hi Shakila,

please make sure your adjacency list builds up a tree (each node should have at most one parent).

If your tree has changed over time, you could generate the node IDs like

load autonumber(date&'|'node) as id, 
     autonumber(date&'|'&parent) as parentid,
     node

and you will get a tree for every day.

Regards

Sven

alvrodrigues
Contributor

Great job.

Please let me know how I chage the font size of the text inside the graph?

Regards,

André

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎03-13-2012 09:34 AM
Updated by: