Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More

Triggering an EDX Task from the Ajax Client

Employee
Employee

Triggering an EDX Task from the Ajax Client

I have created a sample application (using a QlikView Extension in combination with a web service) to trigger an EDX task from with the Ajax client.

Screenshot of the QlikView Extension:

CallEDXFromAjax_Image1_Click_Running_Completed.png

Architecture Overview:

CallEDXFromAjax_ArchitectureOverview.png

Further Information:

Labels (1)
Comments
Not applicable

When I try to run this in the local client, I receive the following error:-

local.JPG

And I receive the following error when running from server:-

server.JPG

Any ideas what is causing these errors?

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

It does not work in local client, because you need a Web Server (either IIS or QlikView Web Server) in order to this extension to work. This is because the extension is basically a web service,

regards

0 Likes
Not applicable

NIce Blog...!

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Basically the extension does make more sense when having QlikView server in the background. But it is still also possible to get it running (using the web service somewhere else) by using QlikView local client - but you will still need the web service which communicates with the QMS API ...

Regards

Stefan

0 Likes
Not applicable

Has any one had the issue where the "Reload Document" button is missing when adding the extension to a sheet?  Yes, in Web View mode.  Yes, tried in 32-bit XP.  Yes, tried in 64-bit Win 7.  Yes, tried in 64-bit Win Server 2008 R2. Yes, tried when Firefox is default browser.  Yes, tried with IE 7 & 8 default browsers (sorry, company standards so can't go higher on IE).  Any ideas on steps to trouble shoot missing launch button?

CallEDXFromAjax.JPG.jpg

Best Regards,

-ken-

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi,

if you are using QlikView Desktop IE will always be used, did you try it by opening the app only via AccessPoint (by doing so you can choose which browser is used).

Regards

Stefan

0 Likes
vikasmahajan
Esteemed Contributor

Hii

Stefan Nice Document.

Vikas

0 Likes
prabhu0505
Valued Contributor

Hi Stefan,

Getting below error, while accessing http://localhost/EDXWrapper/QlikViewTasks.asmx.

Error snap.PNG.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am having the same problem as "Saravana Prabhu P" above.

Has anyone figured this out?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi,

could you post (or send me) your web.config?

Regards

Stefan

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-06-04 04:26 AM
Updated by:
Employee