Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Triggering an EDX Task from the Ajax Client

Employee
Employee

Triggering an EDX Task from the Ajax Client

I have created a sample application (using a QlikView Extension in combination with a web service) to trigger an EDX task from with the Ajax client.

Screenshot of the QlikView Extension:

CallEDXFromAjax_Image1_Click_Running_Completed.png

Architecture Overview:

CallEDXFromAjax_ArchitectureOverview.png

Further Information:

Labels (1)
Comments
Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

I intend to use your extension.

Could you please add a step by step to create the IIS virtual directory and pool?

Thanks in advance,

Aldo.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you share how to create the IIS web server step by step?

Thanks,

Aldo.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Any IE requirement for this extension to work? I'm using IE8 and I can't see the button on desktop client's webview.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this , a very useful tool,

0 Likes
volcore79
New Contributor III

I am facing a problem with this extension. The error message is not helping a lot (see picture).

Unbenannt.PNG

If i copy the Webservice-URL of the extensions properties into a webbrowser the webservice page opens. If i test the manual trigger via the webservice with the parameters of the extensions properties the task is triggered successfully.

So it seems that there is a problem with the communication between extension and webservice. Can anyone help?

We are using QlikView 11.20 SR16 on Windows 2012 R2 Standard (the webservice is running on IIS 8.5, QlikView uses the standard QlikView Webserver).

Best regards,

Volker

0 Likes
chinnakatikisg
Valued Contributor

Hi I'm also getting the same error as Volker.

Capture.PNG

We do not have Publisher in our setup? and when I check the properties of this reload object it is calling EDX_Task and with its own password. I'm not sure how do I link these with my reload task of my qvw.

Please help

Br,

Chinna

0 Likes
volcore79
New Contributor III

Hi Chinna,

i did not solve the problem, but i found a workaround: I found out that the problem seems to have something to do with the authentication on the IIS. I used chrome and firefox and got this error. But it worked with the internet explorer.

So the internet explorer seems to send some user credentials automatically and the other browsers don't.

If you find a solution i would be happy if you post it here. (I don't think edx needs a publisher license).

Best regards,

Volker

chinnakatikisg
Valued Contributor

Dear Volker,

I'm getting this error in IE also. And I'm not sure what are the values to be changed in below screenshot and May I know what is the task name you have created in QMC? becuase when I enable the reload for my sample qvw, the task name is by default Reload of Sample.qvw. where as in this extension properties dialog they used task name as EDX_Task and Taskpassword also given. Please help me to understand this setup as I'm not sure how these are applicable to reload of my sample qvw.Capture.PNG

0 Likes
kostiskampouris
New Contributor II

Hello,Can someone please provide steps and details on how to istalll this extension?

I have read the hole post but due to my lack of knowledge I am not able to install it without much help.

Please help me through this

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Can someone help me to install the webservice on iis please? I still have the same error:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Many thanks

Manuele

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-06-04 04:26 AM
Updated by:
Employee