Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Updated/Edited Screen Grab Document Extension

Updated/Edited Screen Grab Document Extension

Brian Munz (with some updates from Ralf Becher) originally posted the Screen Grab Document Extension for Printing Extensions, and it works fantastically.

However, at Computer Aid, we display our dashboards in an IFrame on a webpage, and the document extension was grabbing the entire IFrame since it didn't know where the dashboard actually ended.  I have updated the extension to only include the area where there are objects on the screen.

I hope this update is useful for others as well!

**EDIT:  The newest version of this extension can always be downloaded at brianwmunz/screenShot-QV11 · GitHub

Attachments
Comments
Employee
Employee

Nice!  Thanks for posting this.  Maybe I should grab this extension and host it on github so we can keep it in one spot for future updates?  What do you think?

0 Likes

That's fine with me

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Ok, I'll set up the github repo then make a post with the link.  This way in the future it's easier to make changes and collaborate.

Employee
Employee

I think creating a single point of truth for all the extensions and also offering the capability for everyone to post improvements for extensions really helps and is a good step forwards.

I can only speak for myself: I am planning to move everything to GitHub and invite everyone to post improvements for my extensions.

Regards

Stefan

Employee
Employee

Ok, I've created the repo at github.  Thanks for the contribution!  Like Stefan said, any future improvements are welcome!

brianwmunz/screenShot-QV11 · GitHub

0 Likes
satishkurra
Valued Contributor II

Hi Brian

Seems like this doesn't work on extension objects.

Is that correct.

Thanks

Satish

0 Likes
satishkurra
Valued Contributor II

Hi Brian

Just to update, i'm using Qlik Maps extension object. It doesn't show up while trying to save picture.

Thanks

Satish

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Satish Kurra,

I am wondering, Is there any other way to visualize Qlikview extensions or To export them to HTML or Image??

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-12-06 09:56 AM
Updated by: