Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Use of a Silent Legend

Employee
Employee

Use of a Silent Legend

In the attached technical brief, learn how to add silent legends to your QlikView applications.  Check out the blog I wrote on this topic.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Good one!

Just a bit difficult to understand - after reading about half of your "brief" - I decided I could not use that anyway, so I didn't read further - I understood that you used just one legend for several charts which is already good, but I did not understand what is the essence of a silent legend - what defines it, what is the advantage over others?

Those are the questions I would expect to be answered on the first pages of a briefing doc.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

It's just a name.

It's just a legend.

Like if you place a list with simbols, or a graphic with only legend.

0 Likes
falko_thom
New Contributor III

Thanks for this great idea. I like it very much.

I improved it by implementing traffic lights. In most of my qvw I've got numeric id's for different purposes (i.e. sorting). In this case I use it to assign specific colours to departments in the list box.

The range corresponds to the numbers of the departments, mode ist set to single lights an form to small or large rectangles.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Thom,

I like your legend type, would it be possible that you can send me an example of the qvw how you reach this type?

Thanks, Armin

0 Likes
krishna789
Contributor

krish1.pngkrish.png

as you can see from above selected country ,its comes first and text box are not changing according to country they settled. how to change this situation..  but it working when i selected color its working

0 Likes
pljsoftware
Contributor III

Hi all,

other method to use silent legend is Use Silent Legend with Cross Colors

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-01-18 12:13 PM
Updated by: