Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

Waterfall Chart for Bridging data

christophebrault
Valued Contributor

Waterfall Chart for Bridging data

Hi community,

This is my first contribution as a document.

First I apologize for my english level, I hope it will be understandable. I searched the community and I think this subject is not covered.

A while back, in my job, i had to show variation between two years ofr differents units. Naturally, i went to use waterfall chart, as the business used to do for it.In a financial vocabulary, we call this "Bridges", because it brings you from a situation to another.

In Excel, it was hard and static, therefor i thank it would be great in QlikView.

First, i thank about offset possibility in bar chart but i rapidly faced a problem. I had to write an expression for each bar in my chart !

But if a new unit is created next year, i would have to you enter the app, and change the graph. It was'nt efficient. Furthermore, it wasn't possible to drill down. I had to find an expression and a vizualisation that require only one expression for multiple dimensions.

Look at the attached file, i hope it can be helpfull for you.

You can find two sheets :

The first one show a classic static waterfall chart.

The second one show a dynamic waterfall chart as you can clic bar to drill down and modify sort order

Thanks

Tags (1)
Attachments
Comments
sadickbasha
New Contributor III

Hi Christhope

Is there a way we can do stacked bar in waterfall bridge chart? like below?

waterfall.png

konstantin_hill
New Contributor III

Old question, I am still looking for an answer... Any ideas?

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-02-2013 06:10 AM
Updated by: