Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

Working with maps from Mapquest

MCampestrini
Valued Contributor

Working with maps from Mapquest

Hello!

There's an alternative solution to show maps using MapQuest free webservice and maps. To get a key, simply access the site developers.mapquest.com and register yourself.

Attachments
Comments
vadimtsushko
Contributor III

Thank you, very interesting.

Could you help me with one question?

I've tried it on my laptop and it failed to load: Breaks on load from webservice with error 'Cannot find resource' (Not verbatim, I have Russian Desktop on laptop, so error is 'Не могу найти указанный ресурс')

I've checked url and so on, all seems to work. In browser I can get XML from webservice, and static map from url in that XML.

I've copied same application (with application key set up in load script) on development server and there all works immediately without any modifications. Load script run successfuly, map shows.

Apparently something is wrong on my home laptop's enviromnent, but I cannot understand what specifically.

Did you get similar errors?

Anyway, great sample, thank you

MCampestrini
Valued Contributor

Vadim,

Thanks for the comments.

About your problem, I'm sorry I'm not able to help you. I didn't get any error using this solution.

borisman
Contributor III

nice work, marcio.campestrini

this is exactly what I've been looking for days.

can you tell me if you changes actual formulas for scaling / zoom from google map's one? I think you used that as a starting point and it would be great to understand what you did to make mapquest work.

MCampestrini
Valued Contributor

Hi Boris I just formatted the latitude and longitude fields, replacing the point by a comma at the time of load information. The rest of the routine was not changed so impactful.

borisman
Contributor III

i see why you replaced dots with commas - you are not in US great job, it works great and pretty accurate. As far as scatter chart object - If I resize it to a smaller size, the map will work fine, right? or do i need to change map size variable as well?

MCampestrini
Valued Contributor

If you resize the scatter chart the map will still work, but it won't resize itself. To do this, you'll need to resize the variable def_map_size, to change the map size.

borisman
Contributor III

Marcio, you are the man of the day - this is all I can say!

rahul_atiwari
New Contributor II

Hi, I have followed all the steps but I am unable to see the map itself.

What i see is a gray screen instead of the map.

Can you please help?

MCampestrini
Valued Contributor

Hi Rahul

Did you put a key on the script on start?

rahul_atiwari
New Contributor II

1.png2.png

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎04-04-2014 03:40 PM
Updated by: