Skip to main content
Announcements
Document boards are being consolidated, this board no longer allows NEW documents READ MORE

dropdown menu extension

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

dropdown menu extension

Attachments

When you are using many tab sheets within QlikView your application can easily become unclear and very full. Using standard tab sheets it is not possible to build a hierarchy in your menu.

I have built a dropdown menu extension that allows you to build a hierarchy within your menu and manage multiple tab sheets in a structured way. The menu is easy to install and use, you can configure it from within your QlikView application.

dropdownMenu.png

You can find documentation, a sample qvw file and the extension itself at the following location:

petra-bloem/dropdownMenu · GitHub

Comments
Not applicable

You mentioned there is no alternate extension path specified, right? Then the issue is in the first step, the location of the folder is not correct. The correct location is:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document\dropdownMenu

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Phaneendra,

You can make a vertical menu by changing the css file. You could try to find some examples how to do it. Here is a turorial:

http://www.templatemonster.com/help/htmlcss-how-to-create-vertical-and-horizontal-menu.html

Google for 'vertical horizontal menu css'

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
Not applicable

The drop down extensio is working like a pro!!.. Thanks  a lot !!....

There is one problem however, the shared sessiion cannot be clicked as it gets beneath the drop down like below:

So when I click on the shared session either the tab 'System Reliability' or the tab 'Charge back' gets activated.Is there a work around?

DROPDOWN.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Anitha,

Probably the z-index property needs to be adjusted in CSS. The z-index property specifies the stack order of an element. I would have to look into it to do some tests, maybe in the near future I have time or you can find something yourself.

Not applicable

Hi ,

I was able to change the css file script to following to make the session collboration stack right in front of the template. .

nav {height:36px; background:#aaa; color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px #888; position:relative; z-index:0}

However I am also making the menu list also stacking in the same order and hence I cannot select on them at all . Like the pic below. Is there a solution to this.DROPDOWN.jpg

0 Likes
Not applicable

It looks like this extension doesn't work With Firefox. The menu simply isn't displayed at all.

Any idea why?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Did you turn on the webview mode?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Petra

Thats a great extension! Love it!

I managed to get it on the QVW and it worked well with the web view but once I opened it in the server it got few bugs:Untitled.png

1. in the desktop web view all drop down menus work well. in the web server I get a small rectangular and no menu..

2. in the web view all menus texts are correct but in the web server the last menu "ROI & forecast" changed ro "Pick list report"  which is a report inside the "operations" menu..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I mean, using Firefox 29 through AccessPoint.

When the extension is on, the menu isn't displayed at all, while when it's off, the app is working properly.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Got it!

the tabs weren't organized properly

Looks great now! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2014-02-26 01:26 PM
Updated by: