Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

set-move-size-copy-clone.js

Not applicable

set-move-size-copy-clone.js

This is a JScript macro that will turn on or off Allow Move/Size and Copy/Clone for all objects in a document. The code contained in this file would have to be copied into your QVW document as a macro. For a stand-alone version of this script please go here: ManageMoveSizeCopyClone.zip

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
Comments
prabhu0505
Valued Contributor

how to use this file?

Not applicable

You have to copy the contents of the file into the macro editor in the QlikView app. The macro editor can be opened from the Tools menu, Edit Module item. You’ll want to set your Scripting Engine to JScript in that window also. To run it, select the name of the function you want to run in the upper left box and click Test. You could also setup a Button in the document to invoke the function.

I have, since the time I wrote this, developed an external script that allows you to select a QVW document using a normal Open File dialog and then it runs set-move-size-copy-clone.js code on the file that you selected. The advantage of doing it this way is that you don’t have to copy the code into every document you want to run it on. I could post this version also if you’re interested.

prabhu0505
Valued Contributor

Pls. share it.

MVP
MVP

"..developed an external script that allows you to select a QVW document using a normal Open File dialog.."

Would like to see this. Thanks,

Ralf

Not applicable

I have uploaded an external script that does the same thing here:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5328

Not applicable

I have uploaded an external script that does the same thing here:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5328

I have also written this kind of code in Java, using com4j to access the ActiveX/COM objects exposed by QlikView. It can be done in almost any language, it just depends on what language you like to work in.

mark_casselman
Contributor

Great resource ! Had some trouble making it work, but i found it.

Just add 2 buttons with action - external - run macro and just put the function name in de macro name field. Make sure not to include the parentheses. So just add lockMoveSizeCopyClone and unlockMoveSizeCopyClone in the macro name field.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-09-2013 01:28 PM
Updated by: