Packt published QlikView: Data Analysis authored by B. Diane Blackwood & Chandraish Sinha in March this year.If you are a data analyst, executive, man...
Packt published QlikView: Data Analysis authored by B. Diane Blackwood & Chandraish Sinha in March this year.
If you are a data analyst, executive, manager, decision maker, or anyone who works with data and wants to make sense of this data in a simple yet powerful way then this course is for you.
This course is a learning tutorial on QlikView that follows a step-by-step approach, ensuring you learn the various ingredients of QlikView one topic at a time.
This course introduces QlikView and demonstrates to you how to leverage the system to conduct and deliver data analysis on business data. You’ll learn how to build an application that fulfills the D.A.R (Dashboard, Analysis, and Report) approach suggested by Qlik. Then, you'll be equipped to use mapping tables and create a master calendar. Moving from there, you’ll find out how to get the most from QlikView’s visualization features—vital if you are to use your data insights effectively.
What You Will Learn:
- An introduction to the QlikView platform
- Introduce QlikView terminologies such as Document, Sheet Elements and Scripts
- Adding data and the different data sources available to use
- Continue building the data model, resolving synthetic keys and organizing script sections to load data
- Create a new document sheet, Design Objects and manage their properties, learn best practice guidelines for design
- Solve some data modeling challenges, the If statement, using a Master Calendar table, solving Circular References, and join or alternate tables to create budget data.
- Create Data Layers with QVD files
- Learn how to secure your application and deploy it for optimal
B. Diane Blackwood
B. Diane Blackwood has worked as a consultant implementing business intelligence and corporate performance management solutions since 2005. She has extensive experience in multiple industries (micro-electronics to heavy equipment manufacturing, medical, legal, and various retail industries) implementing BI and CPM solutions. In 2010, she worked with El Camino Hospital creating data warehouse/data marts to feed QlikView, a "social business discovery" software. When working closely with Dr. Michael Gallagher, formerly Director of Informatics at El Camino Hospital, his enthusiasm for the uses of QlikView in analyzing hospital and medical data "infected" her.
Chandraish Sinha is a Business Intelligence enthusiast from Ohio. He brings 17 years of experience in providing cost-effective BI solutions. He is responsible for many QlikView implementations in various industries, namely financial, insurance, pharmaceuticals, and event management. He currently holds QlikView Designer and QlikView Developer certifications.
He shares his knowledge and passion through his QlikView blog (http://www.learnallbi.com/).