Qlik Community

QlikView Extensions

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Extensions.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Accessing the underlying data model from within the extension

Hello,

I am completely new to QlikView. I am a web frontend developer tasked with writing a extension for QlikView. I have searched the API of the QV Object (Javascrit) far and wide but havent found a solution to my problem(s) yet.

In the underlying data modell of our qv application there are certain fields that I need to access from within the script.js of my extension, but I cannot load them as dimensions into my Object (as in - it would clash with the other dimensions which I am already loading).

One way to access data from outside of my Object seems to be the Qv.GetDocObjects(ObjectId) method. Unfortunately this forces me to create TableObjects for any data I want to access from the data model, which - to be honest - seems rather strange to me, especially since then I would have to hardcode the ObjectIds of the TableObjects which I have created. My logic tells me there should be a way to directly query the data store (or whatever it is called) directly and say: "Give me content of field X" or "Give me all fields with content from table Y" or "Give me field X and field Y in combination"

I mean this seems to be possible when we create Objects by hand when we create them in the QlikView desktop. So it seems sensible that I should be able to do something like this on the fly from within my JS extension?

Any hints / help will be highly appreciated.

Tags (1)