Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Center Align Document Extension

I've often heard requests for an extension that can center align a QlikView document, and I recently built one for the Global Games app.

One difference between that one and the one I'm posting here, is that that version also places a new background image on the page.

So, non-technically, this extension will take your app and align it to the center of the window, including the tabs.  It also centers any background image on the app as well, so if you have a background image that is wider than the content area of the app, it could cause that background image to look strange.

A little more technically...since QV uses all absolutely positioned elements, it's difficult to determine the width of the content area, but I was able to do that in this extension in order to center it.  The one issue is that if there is a smaller width the content area, it will center based on that small area and look strange.  So, the default width that it sets the document to is 1024 pixels.  If the extension determines the app is wider, it will center properly for that width.

Even more technically...all the extension is really doing is wrapping the content area (the PageContainer div) inside a div with a class of "master."  Then, the extension just determines the content area width, and centers that content in the master div.

ANYway, hopefully this helps some people out.  I haven't tested in QVS yet, but it should work in QVS also.

Thanks.

EDIT: I modified the extension I originally posted to ensure the aligning updates when switching between sheets of different widths.

26 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

It calculates initially for the first sheet?

because when switching between sheets/tabs the centering is not adjusted, when objects are wider.

Still good extension and can help in some situations

or maybe it has to do with the container objects because sheets with containers give the problem.

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Good catch.  I've fixed the extension and updated it on here.

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Looking good, but if you can do this, then you can also make it autozoom!

Typical Qlikview User, give them a finger and they want the whole hand.........

This is what we qlikview designers are looking for, because in webview (AJAX) the macro's don't work.

Maybe it's better to make it in another extension so we can select them both of single.

You make me smile, thanx for this extension!

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Oof, autozoom.  The main problem with autozoom is Firefox.  I could easily get some sort of extension set up for it (in fact I have one that was nearly complete) but Firefox deals with zooming differently than other browsers so it'd be much more of a pain in the neck than I was willing to deal with at the time

I'll keep you posted, though, if I ever get anywhere with it.

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thnx Brian!

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

This autozoom feature that people seem to want...would it simply zoom in so that the QVW's width fit into the screen, or would it zoom to as high of a level as it could while keeping all objects in view?

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Zoom fit to window Same as possible in THE qv designer

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 1 aug. 2012 om 22:55 heeft "Brian Munz" <qliktech@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com<mailto:qliktech@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com>> het volgende geschreven:

QlikCommunity<http://community.qlik.com/index.jspa>

Re: Center Align Document Extension

created by Brian Munz<http://community.qlik.com/people/bmz> in Integration and Extensions - View the full discussion<http://community.qlik.com/message/244371#244371>

Not applicable

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the noble art of Qlikview extensions and I was wondering if somebody could explain how to use this extension?

I installed it, use the webview mode and create the object... then what? I'm lost

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

you have to go to document properties, extensions (tab), there you can activate it.